Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs: Propane Grill
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Kountryguy

Emery,SD

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 06:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can someone recommend a small propane grill that is easy to clean? The one I have has to be disassembled to clean, a real pain.

lap527

Ocala, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 08:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

baby q

2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer Hauling 2014 Tri-glide Harley Davidson, recently added a 2016 Livin Lite 21RBS travel trailer. No Wood!No Rot!

Ski Pro 3

bye

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lap527 wrote:

baby q

Ditto.
Don't bother looking any further. I've used mine for everything from bacon and eggs, to smoking ribs and BBQ oysters. Very even heat with a cast iron grill.

https://www.amazon.com/Weber-50060001-Q1........ane/dp/B00FDOONEC/ref=dp_ob_title_garden

I line the inside of mine, UNDER the grill, with one of those non stick grill mats. (Link photos show it on top of the grill with the food placed on top of it) After cooking, I set the grill to high and burn clean the grill. Let it cool, pull the grill mat and wipe off. Literally everything wipes off with a Clorox kitchen wipe for very easy clean-up. It's been used dozens of times and still good as new. I did have to trim it to fit the bowl shape of the grill's insides. There's a drip tray that will wipe clean easy too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C1L........_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

lap527

Ocala, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ski Pro 3 wrote:

lap527 wrote:

baby q

Ditto.
Don't bother looking any further. I've used mine for everything from bacon and eggs, to smoking ribs and BBQ oysters. Very even heat with a cast iron grill.

https://www.amazon.com/Weber-50060001-Q1........ane/dp/B00FDOONEC/ref=dp_ob_title_garden

I line the inside of mine, UNDER the grill, with one of those non stick grill mats. (Link photos show it on top of the grill with the food placed on top of it) After cooking, I set the grill to high and burn clean the grill. Let it cool, pull the grill mat and wipe off. Literally everything wipes off with a Clorox kitchen wipe for very easy clean-up. It's been used dozens of times and still good as new. I did have to trim it to fit the bowl shape of the grill's insides. There's a drip tray that will wipe clean easy too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C1L........_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We put a griddle on ours so we can fry eggs, bacon and sausage.

Beverley&Ken

Tottenham,Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 09:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

another vote for the Baby Q

Ken

2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/02/19 06:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know what the difference is between the Weber Baby Q and the Weber Q 2000 which is what I have but I agree with what the others have said. They are terrific grills.You can buy a lot cheaper grills but you get what you pay for.

If God didn't want us to eat cows, he wouldn't have made them out of Steak and Cheese.

Life is a lot like a baseball pitch. Sometimes you get a fast ball down the middle of the plate and sometimes you get a curve ball in the dirt.

DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/02/19 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I stumbled into this web site just a bit ago and find it very informative. Here's an article on gas grill selection. Click here. It's very informative and may help you decide. Enjoy and good luck in your selection.

joelc

Cedar Point, NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/19 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes. The little Weber. Put some heavy duty foil around the burner area where it drips to the pan. Keeps it fairly clean and you just need to remove foil occasionally.

Cocky_Camper

Rock Hill, SC

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/19 11:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A propane flattop griddle! I doubt I will ever go back to a regular gas grill.

2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

Vintage465

Prunedale CA.

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/19 09:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Weber Q is a quality piece of work for sure. I tend to think as long as your grilling is not too technical and is kept to stuff like chicken, burgers, steaks, fish and slab type stuff of that nature it's great. Makes just about the best burger I've made. Kind of tuff to do stuff like ribs, pulled pork roast, brisket and things like that. The griddle option is real nice and increases it's versatility. I made my own griddle for the one I have and cook a fair amount of breakfasts on it. I also made a smoke generator for mine that allows you to add some nice smoke flavor to your product whatever it may be.

V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Denali. 2015 Creekside 20fq w/450 watts solar. Retiring in 2021, then look-out road, here we come!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS