cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bangor ME to Franconia NH to Freeport ME

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to know if this Google Map route is RV friendly, or do you have a different suggestion? Will be driving this area in about a week.

Maine/New Hampshire/Maine route
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara
7 REPLIES 7

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, DrewE, for your response.
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
There's nothing wrong or troublesome with US 4 that I can think of.

I don't think 101 and 93 would be much if any quicker. I haven't made any exact comparison, so could be wrong. There is a toll of a few dollars on that section of I-93, though if you get off at exit 10 and take NH 3A north to/through Bow you can bypass that at the cost of a little more time and a few traffic lights.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Well, our plans changed slightly. Now we are going south on 95 as far as Portsmouth, NH. Then we need to go across to 93 to go up to Franconia.

Impres mentioned taking 101. What about taking 4/202 to Concord? Is that more difficult to drive than 101 to Manchester? Is 101 just a quicker easier route?
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much for your input!
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Airdaile wrote:
Google Earth has an elevation feature that will show the elevation along a route. Here's the route using only US 2. (Bangor on the left, Franconia on the right)

US2 is a fine road and much nicer than I-95 unless you want to make time. If you google US2, there are several videos of people making this trip.

Ditto! We drive from VT or NH every year and find RT 2 to be fine - smooth and scenic. Take 95 from Bangor to Newport, then pick up RT 2 and you are on your way!
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Google Earth has an elevation feature that will show the elevation along a route. Here's the route using only US 2. (Bangor on the left, Franconia on the right)

US2 is a fine road and much nicer than I-95 unless you want to make time. If you google US2, there are several videos of people making this trip.

lmpres
Explorer
Explorer
Rte 2 isn't the best route for an RV. But your only other choice is to go all the way down 95, take 101 over to 93, then north on 93. Obviously longer, but much friendlier when pulling a trailer, especially a bigger one.