cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tryin to talk the wife into a newer TC......lol.

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Found this 2008 S&S 11FBSC in AZ, 11', dry bath, jenny, lotsa storage, and side entry...and it's 400lbs lighter than our present S&S. I saw one of these once in person and loved it, working on it now...hahaha

Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP
18 REPLIES 18

mellow wrote:
Reminds me of my 1191 minus the slide.

I think of the Lance 1191 as an 11 foot S&S with a slide!
Both about the best floorplans ever IMHO.

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
She agree's that we need a "bigger" TC than the 90 S&S, but isn't ready to take the plunge yet. We may sell Red and the S&S as a set and get a newer truck and TC to replace them. To much family stuff going on right now to even consider anything.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kayteg1 wrote:
JoeChiOhki wrote:

The bathroom and shower are a big part of the catalyst that has driven my full remodel project on the Amer8go, it's hard to find a camper bathroom that fits when you're as big as me 😛

I own 2 campers with similar floorplans but "somehow" 1 bathroom is way more comfortable than other.
Getting tape measure show 1" of space more here or there, higher shower pan, flatter medicine cabinet, the door opening on opposite side make heck of the difference in comfort.
Badly enough the one with more comfortable shower and sink, has lower toilet, so I am checking if I can fit raiser under it.
I will have to read more about your project. The more comfortable Fleetwood I have had already extensive dryrot damages and the aluminium skeleton was poorly build to start with.
In the past I restored 40 yo Airstream trailer and was really impress with aluminium construction.
Meaning I am considering finding one of those aluminium campers and remodel it with stuff from Fleetwood.
But the older campers were smaller and I got used to Queen bed and slide too much. 😉

I ended up doing two things in the frame up restoration I've been doing to a 1975 Amerigo.

I brought the plumbing inside and expanded the bathroom's foot print (it's a wet bath), the original shower drain was in line to be impacted by the truck's bumper when loading (Apparently trucks in the 70s had lower bumpers than the 80s and early 90s) and exposed to the elements, so I built a raised pan/floor for the new bathroom and am enclosing the area under the floor, insulating it and ducting in heat from the new furnace so that the holding tank is all weather) .

I then built a height extension of the bathroom onto the roof to allow for my 6'4", 365lb frame to be able to stand up fully in the shower.

With the porcelain RV toilet going in, there's a nice standing area ahead of it in the bathroom to shower in.

I kept the sink section from the original clamshell bathroom unit that was way too narrow for my big butt.

Bathroom
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
JoeChiOhki wrote:

The bathroom and shower are a big part of the catalyst that has driven my full remodel project on the Amer8go, it's hard to find a camper bathroom that fits when you're as big as me 😛

I own 2 campers with similar floorplans but "somehow" 1 bathroom is way more comfortable than other.
Getting tape measure show 1" of space more here or there, higher shower pan, flatter medicine cabinet, the door opening on opposite side make heck of the difference in comfort.
Badly enough the one with more comfortable shower and sink, has lower toilet, so I am checking if I can fit raiser under it.
I will have to read more about your project. The more comfortable Fleetwood I have had already extensive dryrot damages and the aluminium skeleton was poorly build to start with.
In the past I restored 40 yo Airstream trailer and was really impress with aluminium construction.
Meaning I am considering finding one of those aluminium campers and remodel it with stuff from Fleetwood.
But the older campers were smaller and I got used to Queen bed and slide too much. 😉

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kaytag1 wrote:

Go to see the camper, get into shower, close the curtain and see if you can turn without ripping something.
Can you sit comfortable on the throne without opening the door?
Can you get in without pushing the slide?
Where is the wardrobe?

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
mike/kellie wrote:
Nice looking unit! Please excuse the questions from recently quoted below...the sliding door offers more interior room and the linen closet has way more in-bath storage than my triple slide camper. Nice entry closet and plenty of wardrobe closets in the sleeping area. I think that's what the pull handles are for? Everything right there in the photos. Hope it works out!

Yes you are correct...those are wardrobes in the sleeping area and they go down to the floor of the C/O under the mattress. It was an awesome design. I wish S&S still made it IIRC the had won a government contract and quit making TC's. We went by there in Kalispell, MT on out way to Glacier NP 7 or 8 years ago and they weren't making TC's anymore. Just special orders and repairs, I don't think they do that anymore now either. But they were a VERY well made and designed unit.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice looking unit! Please excuse the questions from recently quoted below...the sliding door offers more interior room and the linen closet has way more in-bath storage than my triple slide camper. Nice entry closet and plenty of wardrobe closets in the sleeping area. I think that's what the pull handles are for? Everything right there in the photos. Hope it works out!
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:

Go to see the camper, get into shower, close the curtain and see if you can turn without ripping something.
Where is the wardrobe?

That's camper 101....we've been RVing for 40 years now and know how to pic a unit, and it doesn't have a slide....thanks anyhow. We've had a TC for over 20 years now.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, I bought my Lance at Tom's 2 years ago.
Good people.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
You will love side entrance if you travel a lot.
I have 2 campers and 2001 model of Lance come from AZ. The decals are faded, but years under the sun did not damaged the siding yet.
My 2nd camper has similar floor plan, but with rear entrance offers a bit more of space, when "a bit" is a lot when it comes to TC.
So on long run, I rather have more space (especially in bathroom) than convenience of side entrance.
Where is the wardrobe?

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Looks to be in great shape from the pics.
A word of caution though. It's sitting outside in a dealer lot or storage area and AZ sun is relentless. You would be well served to ensure that the camper has been stored indoors or undercover primarily, or it could be extra crispy!
(Maybe it's not spent much time down there or whatever, but something to consider)

Haven't decided if we want to go see it yet, and yes we have concerns of "crispy" being an issue.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Reminds me of my 1191 minus the slide.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Looks to be in great shape from the pics.
A word of caution though. It's sitting outside in a dealer lot or storage area and AZ sun is relentless. You would be well served to ensure that the camper has been stored indoors or undercover primarily, or it could be extra crispy!
(Maybe it's not spent much time down there or whatever, but something to consider)
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good luck!

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member