Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Titan Cummins Diesel option axed for 2020
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Titan Cummins Diesel option axed for 2020

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
ksss

Eastern Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/19 09:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Not surprised that the "C" badge on the fender couldn't save this truck... And the Ram Ecodiesel better get their act together or they'll be next.

Link

A lot of mistakes were made both by Nissan and Cummins. Toyota was initially interested in this same motor. They ended that conversation rather quickly after the Nissan release. As others have said, and many forecasted including me that the mileage and capability don't pencil out. If you want to get 16 mpg you can get that in an HD/SD of the big three and have twice the power and capability. No question that is one ugly pickup. The roll out was not exactly problem free on the Cummins side of the equation.

2006 GMC 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

demiles

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 03:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 16 has been problem free for 3 years now and I have no complaints. I bought it to work so it’s almost always hauling or towing something and it’s not a daily commuter. The reason I bought it is because it was cheap, 6k less than a big three gasser comparably equipped. The 21 mpg highway empty makes me more likely to drive it.

2008 Jayco G2 28RBS
2016 Nissan XD 5.0L Cummins

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

SOOOOO, where will the Cummins land???

Cummins just picked up a new customer for the 6.7 that will probably buy more than replace the loss from the Nissan. I doubt that they were making money on the 5.0 anyway with the low volumes that it had.

The old tractor engine just keeps going

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noteven wrote:

Our on highway rep from Cummins told me the 5.0 automotive V8 engine was designed for Dodge 1500 series trucks and vans prior to the formation of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

From what I heard Dodge/Ram walked out on it when they saw that the fuel economy numbers were not going to be much of an improvement over the more powerful 6.7.

IdaD

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

demiles wrote:

My 16 has been problem free for 3 years now and I have no complaints. I bought it to work so it’s almost always hauling or towing something and it’s not a daily commuter. The reason I bought it is because it was cheap, 6k less than a big three gasser comparably equipped. The 21 mpg highway empty makes me more likely to drive it.

What was your out the door price before tax and title?

2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/19 08:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 5 liter Cummins is used in the Tiffin Breeze Class A Motorhome.

js9234

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/19 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very highly doubt that.
demiles wrote:

My 16 has been problem free for 3 years now and I have no complaints. I bought it to work so it’s almost always hauling or towing something and it’s not a daily commuter. The reason I bought it is because it was cheap, 6k less than a big three gasser comparably equipped The 21 mpg highway empty makes me more likely to drive it.

fx2tom

CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/19 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I bought my 2016 Titan XD 5.0 SL 4x4 I paid $42k OTD. I could not have picked up a fully loaded one from the Big 3 comparable equipped at the time. They were all $50k+ before TT&L so I believe it. I used the hell out of it before selling it when my employer handed me a $48k Tundra. Titan XD was a far better truck than the Tundra for the money. It worked perfectly for my 8,300 lb fully loaded trailer. Would a 6.7l or 6.6l worked even better? Sure, but I wasn't spending the extra money and similar to demiles I was pushing 21 MPG day to day empty. I also didn't mind the looks.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I paid $50k out the door on my fully loaded Laramie 2500 CTD. MSRP was almost $65k

fx2tom

CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/19 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

I paid $50k out the door on my fully loaded Laramie 2500 CTD. MSRP was almost $65k

Similar discount, Titan was stickered at $58k. As I said, I am sure the bigger diesel would have performed even better. I just wasn't willing to spend the $$ at the time. Even at $50k OTD that $8k buys a lot of beer [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Titan Cummins Diesel option axed for 2020
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.