Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV toilet paper

TravelinDog
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah I know this is a strange topic.
I have always bought "RV" toilet paper but I'm wondering if it is really necessary? It's so much more expensive than other TP.
I'm thinking I could just use the regular stuff we bought at Costco.
The package says "septic Safe" just like the rv stuff.
Opinions?
Just say no to the payload police :C
61 REPLIES 61

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
One of those threads that you think you got rid of, but it backed up to create problems......again!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Who dug up this crappy thread?
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
IT'S ALIVE!! IT'S ALIVE!!

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
A thread sorrowfully back from the dead. ๐Ÿ˜›

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
Not AGAIN!!
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
RV toilet paper is a rip off !
Don't waste your money on it.
In 30 years of RV'ing and three different trailers we never had a plug up and never had a problem with our black water tank

Guy

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it depends on how much you use at one time??
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Boon Docker wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Ok everyone. Let me know how that quality 2 ply works in your tanks? And let me know if youโ€™ve never had a plugged line.
The good quality 1ply and 2 ply will not break down fast of at all. When the time comes to dump that wad will plug the drain.
Cheap single ply would be the way to go if you donโ€™t want to use RV paper. Iโ€™ve used RV paper since we started RVing and Iโ€™ve had no issues. I do have some cheap paper we bought when people were hoarding it and thatโ€™s all we could find. It dissolves/breaks up quickly so it should be OK in the holding tank.

I would never say use anything you would use at home. Itโ€™s just not all good for RV use!

I disagree. I have been using Charmin for years. I does not break down and I have never ever had a problem with it clogging anything.

15 years and never a problem with mine.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
I dont understand how a competent human being could buy Costco toilet paper more than once.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would say that toilet paper is never a problem. The problem is the lack of a good amount of water in the tank.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Instead of everyone bragging about how great THEIR personal brand of TP is, how about a thread where folks tell us what brand has caused them personally trouble in THEIR RV in the past. You know, ACTUAL experience with a problem.

No anecdotal evidence allowed!

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
A guy comes on here a year ago wanting to do the right thing in regards to using TP that is "septic safe" and I make a comment that a campground may have a septic system. Do you really need to go back a year to denigrate me?

Would you expect anything else from some people here!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
Allworth wrote:
You do not have a septic system that processes waste!

The RV has a HOLDING tank.

Toilet paper brand and type is of absolutely NO importance and has NO impact on how a holding tank works or doesn't work. Plenty of water and frequent emptying and flushing with plenty of clean water ARE important.

Yes, my degree IS in Civil and Sanitary Engineering. A long time ago, maybe, but poop is still poop.

A

The campground may have a septic system.

So what? City folk are on sewers, country septic tanks, years and years. Again speaking just to speak .................... that of which we know nothing.

A guy comes on here a year ago wanting to do the right thing in regards to using TP that is "septic safe" and I make a comment that a campground may have a septic system. Do you really need to go back a year to denigrate me?

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
Since somebody brought up my previous post, I'll try again:

Use whatever makes your butt happy! Or, more importantly, use whatever makes your significant other's butt happy!