cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chrome vs IE vs Edge

theczar
Explorer
Explorer
Is it me or does it seem that more websites are optimized for Chrome? I guess you could argue that Chrome is better (and it may be). I have been noticing that increasingly some websites run very very slow using MS browsers but then launch the same site using Chrome and it is much better.

Are sites being updated to run better on Chrome?
19 REPLIES 19

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
my pnc bank mobile app uses the phone or tablet camera to scan the check. check your bank's app. it wouldn't be elegant but a plan b might be to open an account with a bank that has mobile deposit on their app and then txfr funds to your original bank.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
rockhillmanor wrote:
Just got new laptop with both edge and internet explorer. IE will die the end of this year and they said they will no longer support it.

The edge has a 'very' limited library so many of the sites you go to it says it can't connect. I read that they are not going to expand edge's ability either. When are they ever going to get anything right the first time around?

Being on the road I do all my banking on line and my bank requires java to deposit checks. Edge will not allow the download for java nor does fire fox. So I will be screwed seven ways to Sunday when IE is put to rest.

My only last hope is opera but I can not find any info it 'they' are going to allow java downloads?? Any one have an info on this? TKS

does your bank's app provide for mobile deposits?

I thought the mobile app is for phones only?
I'm using my pc and printer to scan the checks.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
Just got new laptop with both edge and internet explorer. IE will die the end of this year and they said they will no longer support it.

The edge has a 'very' limited library so many of the sites you go to it says it can't connect. I read that they are not going to expand edge's ability either. When are they ever going to get anything right the first time around?

Being on the road I do all my banking on line and my bank requires java to deposit checks. Edge will not allow the download for java nor does fire fox. So I will be screwed seven ways to Sunday when IE is put to rest.

My only last hope is opera but I can not find any info it 'they' are going to allow java downloads?? Any one have an info on this? TKS

does your bank's app provide for mobile deposits?
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
King George
I have been using Brave for about 5 weeks everyday. It is really fast.....
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:

When you post this graphic outside of the RV.net size limits, it messes up everyone's ability to read post text by skewing it off the screen. Use this link to size your graphics properly.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

thestoloffs
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
{snip} I am noticing that several have suddenly quit working with Chrome and I have to reboot into Edge to be able to pay at the site.{snip}

On the other hand, I have several sites, including my health insurance site, where Edge is blocked and the only MS-supplied browser that's acceptable is IE โ€ฆ which is doomed to destruction. Yet, when I bring this to their attention, their answer is "Go Chrome". Maybe, Edgium will come soon enough, for those of us whose IT departments won't tolerate self-installation of other software.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
I pay most of my bills online (Win 10) but do not use "Bill Pay" thru my bank. I go directly to their site to pay. I am noticing that several have suddenly quit working with Chrome and I have to reboot into Edge to be able to pay at the site.
Could be something in my configuration, I'm not sure.

you could set up auto-debit from your checking acct with each of those vendors and avoid the browser incompatibility issues.
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I pay most of my bills online (Win 10) but do not use "Bill Pay" thru my bank. I go directly to their site to pay. I am noticing that several have suddenly quit working with Chrome and I have to reboot into Edge to be able to pay at the site.
Could be something in my configuration, I'm not sure.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heisenberg wrote:
Try this one and import your IE over to it. I believe IE will die in January. It is very fast compared to IE. It reminds me of Mozilla when it came out.

Have you tried the BRAVE yet... I use IE, EDGE, and Firefox here...

Been running into slowdowns here of late... Might be time to try something different...

I'm also using ADBLOCKER UTILMATE...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking of switching to Chrome as I HATE Bing! I prefer Google for browsing.

Irover
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using Opera with the built in VPN and Duck-Duck-Go as the search engine for the past 3+ years and satisfied with how it operates on the websites I use. It is also free!

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Heisenberg wrote:
I believe IE will die in January.

IE 10 will no longer be supported as of Jan 20, 2020. IE 11 is embedded in Windows 10 and Windows 2012 Server and up.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Try this one and import your IE over to it. I believe IE will die in January. It is very fast compared to IE. It reminds me of Mozilla when it came out.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado