cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Crash in Australia (tongue weight). Video.

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a pretty crazy crash in Australia. Gotta have some weight up front for the tongue, right?

Link to video
18 REPLIES 18

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
When I say experience I mean double the cost $ 150000-175000.
And yes the vehicles here tow better until they fall over.
Frank
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m pretty sure heโ€™d say that crash somehow demonstrates how Australian RVโ€™s, tow vehicles, drivers, and roads are better than anything, anywhere else, forever and beyond.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
BillyBob Jim wrote:
bikendan wrote:
Where's Robert Ryan when you need him?:W

Need his Down Under perspective.

What do you need him for when you have the award winning Geezer.Net crash forensics investigation team on the case?

Because he's the Forum's official Australian representative! :B
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:

What do you need him for when you have the award winning Geezer.Net crash forensics investigation team on the case?

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Slownsy wrote:
Yes way to many accidents like that here in Oz, it is recommend to have about 10% on the ball here but some imported vans as low as 5%. Many vans op to 3.5t most vehicles vill allow weight distribution hitch but not all. Many people starting to go for the American pick ups but very expensive hear .
Frank

they ain't cheap here either
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Yes way to many accidents like that here in Oz, it is recommend to have about 10% on the ball here but some imported vans as low as 5%. Many vans op to 3.5t most vehicles vill allow weight distribution hitch but not all. Many people starting to go for the American pick ups but very expensive hear .
Frank
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer

I've seen a lot of these kind of combos, in Europe. Saw many that were the tail wagging the dog.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Prime example of small tow vehicle and improper set up as weight distribution...as well as speed.

I guess Australia also has RV sales people that say....Your vehicle will tow it like it was not even back there.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Not saying the trailer isn't totaled but it does look like their trailers hold together better than ours do.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
That or he got up to the speed that sway became a problem while passing the camera guy.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm going to have to go with Driver error, and speed.

Was doing pretty good before the bow wave of the vehicle he was passing, got him.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Scary!

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
In addition to the poor setup, there was no driving skills and a pile of junk on the rear bumper.

Paging Charles Darwin!

azrving
Explorer
Explorer