cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Went to the darkside... TT to MH

2manytoyz
Explorer
Explorer
In truth, not our first Class A. But life got in the way, had to downsize to a 25' TT for a few years, paid off the house, got another (nicer) Class A.

We were going to trade in the 2007 Rockwood 2502 TT. We ordered it new in 2006, and it's been a great camper. It's seen a lot of gentle use, and it has plenty of life left in it. When our niece found out what we were doing, she claimed "DIBS". Her family has camped with us over the years, and she's now a young adult. Newly married, just bought their first home. We made them a really good deal, and I spent a while getting it ready, despite the nasty weather daily.

I replaced the wheel bearings, rather than repack the old ones. The price for 4 grease seals isn't much different than simply ordering 4 sets of bearings, with grease seals, for $45.

https://amzn.to/2GTp0Fl

I also removed the old roof lap sealant, and applied the new stuff. PITA removing the old stuff, but definitely a DIY job. Used a dozen tubes before I was done.

https://amzn.to/31hbdAm

Gave it a good clean and shine, and away she went...

They've already booked a camping trip close by. We'll meet up with them, and show them how to set it up, and use everything.

We are retiring in a couple of years (or less). Going to spend some time getting the Class A modified and dialed in. Lots of short trips planned. Cross country trips after we retire. Probably won't go the TT route again. It served us well, but really like the room and comforts of traveling in a bus. We have officially transitioned over to the dark side. No turning back now!

Robert
Merritt Island, FL
2023 Thor Quantum KW29
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TOAD
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon TOAD
Falcon 2 Towbar, Roadmaster 9400 Even Brake System
http://www.2manytoyz.com/
5 REPLIES 5

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
The Dark Side always welcomes additional converts! You'll love the room, the view, the storage of an A.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

pacificnw
Explorer
Explorer
Liked your report... similar to switch (TT to MH) we did 9 years ago. Now on our 2nd MH, retired, and on verge of some long trips but have some medical stuff to take care of first.

Congrats

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! and enjoy life. You only get it once!

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck and happy trails!

Looks like from happy camper to happiest campers (into the next generation).

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
You canโ€™t bribe me with cookies! Iโ€™m so hurt you left us TTers.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad