Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Duramax class action suit
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Duramax class action suit

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

Senior Member

Joined: 08/23/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/09/19 10:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

97chevor wrote:

Why blame GM? This is an issue the Federal government created.

THe $12K repair bill is going to GM not uncle sam. If GM could not comply they should have said so . Building a faulty/flawed fuel system is not the answer.


2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide


97chevor

US

Full Member

Joined: 07/31/2016

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/09/19 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The FEDs Mandated the lubricant to be removed from the fuel.

Then Mandated an emmisson system so if you do add lubricants back in it will cause problems to that.

Meanwhile the the truck now burns more fuel to clean the emmisions and they claim the truck emmits less harmful gases.

The truck now is running exhaust at temps above 1200 degrees and they claim man made climate change.

The way I look at it all problems are produced from one source.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

Senior Member

Joined: 08/23/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/09/19 02:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

97chevor wrote:

The FEDs Mandated the lubricant to be removed from the fuel.

Then Mandated an emmisson system so if you do add lubricants back in it will cause problems to that.

Meanwhile the the truck now burns more fuel to clean the emmisions and they claim the truck emmits less harmful gases.

The truck now is running exhaust at temps above 1200 degrees and they claim man made climate change.

The way I look at it all problems are produced from one source.

GM collected the money. They made the sale, they should suffer the consequences. If it is in fact impossible to meet the parameters say so, but don't put out a faulty/fraudulent product and then blame it on the EPA.
I guess it's the government's fault that VW fudged there numbers as well?

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

Senior Member

Joined: 04/08/2002

View Profile



Posted: 08/09/19 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What I find interesting about this is that GM went above and beyond the other manaufacturer in honoring warranty claims on this. I have never read of anyone that I felt got a raw deal from GM on this. We even had a member here that got signifignant help from GM after the 100K mark.

So I wonder why GM is the one getting sued. Why not Ford?



Huntindog
100% boondocking
2010 Palomino Sabre 30 BHDS
84 gal. Grey. 84 gal. Black
2 bathrooms, no waiting
2011 Silverado CC DA big dually.



colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/27/2004

View Profile






Posted: 08/09/19 06:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

What I find interesting about this is that GM went above and beyond the other manaufacturer in honoring warranty claims on this. I have never read of anyone that I felt got a raw deal from GM on this. We even had a member here that got signifignant help from GM after the 100K mark.

So I wonder why GM is the one getting sued. Why not Ford?
I imagine Ford's turn in the fish barrel is coming as well.

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 01/11/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/09/19 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

What I find interesting about this is that GM went above and beyond the other manaufacturer in honoring warranty claims on this. I have never read of anyone that I felt got a raw deal from GM on this. We even had a member here that got signifignant help from GM after the 100K mark.

So I wonder why GM is the one getting sued. Why not Ford?
I imagine Ford's turn in the fish barrel is coming as well.

Probably because the judge said, "Ford diesels? I thought we already settled that one. We've talked about it for years. Case dismissed."

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/09/19 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Exploding saddle gas tanks on GM pickups lawsuit. I received a $500 COOPIN to buy any GM vehicle. Funny part was my truck was a Diesel. I did use the COOPIN to help my daughter buy a car. Also used my racked up points on my GM card at that time.


WTH is a COOPIN?


Ever watched Ron White the Comedian?


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/09/19 08:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

What I find interesting about this is that GM went above and beyond the other manaufacturer in honoring warranty claims on this. I have never read of anyone that I felt got a raw deal from GM on this. We even had a member here that got signifignant help from GM after the 100K mark.

So I wonder why GM is the one getting sued. Why not Ford?


Perhaps GM knew they should have implemented a lift pump. We now know that air in fuel system is not good for the CP4 pumps. When you change the fuel filter on a GM truck, guess what you got going into the CP4 pump?


'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"


FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/09/19 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wnjj wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

What I find interesting about this is that GM went above and beyond the other manaufacturer in honoring warranty claims on this. I have never read of anyone that I felt got a raw deal from GM on this. We even had a member here that got signifignant help from GM after the 100K mark.

So I wonder why GM is the one getting sued. Why not Ford?
I imagine Ford's turn in the fish barrel is coming as well.

Probably because the judge said, "Ford diesels? I thought we already settled that one. We've talked about it for years. Case dismissed."


They're probably trying to get some of their Bail Out money back.

ksss

Eastern Idaho

Senior Member

Joined: 02/19/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/11/19 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I read about this lubrication issue years ago. No doubt you will see Ford customers and likely VW file one as well.


2006 GMC 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Duramax class action suit
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS