Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Topper under mattress
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Topper under mattress

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Stevebx

Naples, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/19 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I put a memory foam mattress topper under my foam mattress in my camper and it has worked out very well. I would caution use of any gel foam pad or topper. I bought a new mattress for home a few years ago and woke up the first night in a sweat and thought I had some fatal illness. Turns out there was a band of gel foam around the middle of the mattress and it did not agree with me. The mattress went back and I will never buy anything with gel foam again.

myredracer

Langley B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/19 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might find a memory foam mattress is a better solution. We got an 8" one on sale we came across while away on a camping trip, 8 or so years ago. Shortened it with a bread knife in the CG. Very comfortable and deep-sleep inducing! Dog sure loves it!! [emoticon]

We tried a couple of 2" toppers on our mattress at home and they just didn't last and ended up getting a "real" foam topper mattress.

Only downside is that the thicker memory foam mattresses are a fair bit heavier. I had to relocate the two gas strut mounting locations on the under-bed storage lid so it would stay up. Easy to do tho.

Gil, Deb & Dougal a 15 year old Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS, Reese DC WDH, shocks and Endurance LRE tires
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD crew cab, Bilstein shocks, heavy duty trailering option

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Topper under mattress
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS