cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

refrigerator iceing up

badboy368
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Norcold model 1200 series fridge, and all of sudden the fins in the fridge part are iceing up. I completely defrosted it and put in a fridge fan.....still iceing up. Anyone have any ideas why? or what I should do?
40' pusher,350 turbo cat, pullin a 37' trailer haulin a drag car. oh yea baby
9 REPLIES 9

badboy368
Explorer
Explorer
Very good tips Doug.....Thank YOU

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Icing can only happen from the Humidity in the air inside the refer. Icing is usually normal. The fins will be 10 degrees COLDER than the inside temp of the items in the refer. HOW thick is the ice? Norcolds have a built in defrost feature for this type problem. The feature ONLY works when the refer stays ON continuously for more than 60 hours. Every 48 to 54 hours, the Norcold refer shuts OFF for 2 to 3 hours. This allows the fins to warm up and the ice to melt and drain outside to the drip cup. If you turn the refer OFF and then ON during that 60 hours, the timer starts over again. You could have the evap pan drain tube check valve not installed and that allows air back up to the evap fins. You can have a bad seal on the refer door allowing air inside. I have also had refers where the customer installed items in the refer that pushed against the closed doors and this caused the door to have a slight gap that went past the door seal. Doug

badboy368
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You for the tips. I will check all of these, and hopefully solve the problem.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Open the left fridge door. At the inside top of door, there are 3 pins. Those pins should all be in the same position and when closed, touch the round discs on the inside box of the fridge. If they are not perfectly aligned, icing will occur. Our door had sagged a bit and one pin had actually caused scorching on the round disc. Leon at National Refrigeration in Shipshewana made an adjustment and it's been working property ever since.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
IS the Temp LED Flashing?
Bad thermistor

Door seals...leaking warm air into fridge

Drip tray drain hose not in a little water in cup next to burner...warm air coming back up drain hose
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
Some late model fridges have a mode programmed in that shuts them off occasionally to allow the fins to warm up and melt the ice buildup. Our Norcold does that.
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
youtube is your friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3K0fQxqiuc
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
badboy368 wrote:
I have a Norcold model 1200 series fridge, and all of sudden the fins in the fridge part are iceing up. I completely defrosted it and put in a fridge fan.....still iceing up. Anyone have any ideas why? or what I should do?

Leaky door seal?..You could be getting warm air and humidity bypassing a seal somewhere.

Ron W
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650