Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Extended Warranty Not Covering Parts Cost
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Extended Service Plan

> Extended Warranty Not Covering Parts Cost

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Cubanredneck

Miami, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/19 06:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On a recent camping trip my Class A had a couple of issues that needed repair. Leveling Jacks, Slide Motor, HVAC and Refrigerator. I thought to myself thank goodness I purchased that extended warranty! Well the nightmare then began. When I got home I called the claims department and they began the claim and gave me some places that work under them. Unfortunately in Miami there was only one shop and a mobile that wouldn't take my call. After waiting a month and half to get an appointment with said shop I took it in. 3 Weeks later I get the quote of what the repairs would cost. After reviewing the quote I had to pay thousands out of pocket because 1. They didnt cover the hourly rate the shop has and 2. they said the prices of the parts were excessive so they would not cover them leaving me with an almost 4K bill. I understand them not covering the full rate to a degree if its capped but why not the parts. Im stuck between a rock and a hard spot. This is the only game in town without me having to drive the coach over an hour away to have it repaired with no guarantee Good Sams would cover it there. Whats the purpose of insurance if they dont cover the full cost of parts? Needless to say the claims adjuster told me to reach out to Good Sams to argue the point which I did but has yet to resolve anything. Why have a paid for an extended warranty year after year for 4 years if when i need it they dont want to cover the price of the parts..... Extremely frustrated as i lost the entire summer of travel trying to deal with this situation. Everyone has their money from the insurance company to good sams and Im left high and dry.

Suggestions appreciated....[emoticon]

Danny & Ali
Daniella Grace & Abigail Hope
Storm the destructive American Bulldog
2007 Itasca Sunova 35J.
2011 Ford F150 4x4
2017 Honda CRV

Cobra21

minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/19 06:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Extende warranties are a real hit and miss. It's less stressful to pick and pay for repairs yourself than pay for an extended warranty only to fight with them over coverage. Period!
Brian

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/19 06:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's a lesson in there somewhere...

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/19 07:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have learned a valuable lesson, and hopefully others will also learn as well. When selling these extended warranties, which by the way have massive profits for the dealer and salesperson, the brochure and sales pitch make it sound like winning the lottery. You are experiencing the reality. Thay have more excuses, hoops to jump through, terms and conditions tht the warranty looses most of its value.

I have to wonder that without the warranty restrictions you could have used another shop that was more competent, and charged a lower price on the parts and maybe labor. In the end, with your $4000 co-pay and the money you are paying for that warranty you probably could have just paid for the repairs yourself and be money ahead.

Cubanredneck

Miami, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/19 07:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks all for the quick replies. As an FYI Good Sams has reached out to me within minutes of posting this. We haven't come to a resolution however they requested a copy of the repair Quote and will see what can be done to help with this bill. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks again!

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/19 08:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take it to Camping World in Ft Myers or Cocoa. Then all the eggs will be in The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Tiberius Augustus Lemonis's basket and they can fight among themselves, themselves being the different entities/scams he has going on. Unfortunately that probably will not get your RV repaired correctly, but at least you'll get the parts and labor paid for while they're creating more problems by boogering up the problems you already have.

Cubanredneck

Miami, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/19 08:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

***Update***

So good news. Good Sams has agreed to pay the parts difference in whole leaving me with only the deductible, hourly rate overage and taxes. I know some of the comments here have been negative and sure I had to make a couple of calls but Good Sams made it good for me as I'm sure they do for others. Overall I'm happy with the outcome and sure glad they stepped up to the plate on this one.

Thanks again to all!

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/19 09:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just more evidence to pass on any extended warranty on any item. Just don't buy an item unless you always have enough reserve cash to cover even more repairs and more expensive repairs than anticipated. Save the warranty cost and come out ahead over a lifetime almost guaranteed.

Jayco-noslide

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/19 09:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cubanredneck wrote:

***Update***

So good news. Good Sams has agreed to pay the parts difference in whole leaving me with only the deductible, hourly rate overage and taxes. I know some of the comments here have been negative and sure I had to make a couple of calls but Good Sams made it good for me as I'm sure they do for others. Overall I'm happy with the outcome and sure glad they stepped up to the plate on this one.

Thanks again to all!

I am very happy for and glad this worked out. Your situation does beg the question, why did they not pay what they should have to start with? One could easily interpret that they are at best inept and worst deceitful.

But what! This is Good Sam... inept and deceitful are part of the business model.

1968mooney

Fl.

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/19 12:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DownTheAvenue wrote:

Cubanredneck wrote:

***Update***

Thanks again to all!

I am very happy for and glad this worked out. Your situation does beg the question, why did they not pay what they should have to start with? One could easily interpret that they are at best inept and worst deceitful.

But what! This is Good Sam... inept and deceitful are part of the business model.

Everyone keep in mind this remark comes from a "inept and deceitful" attorney but he loves CW.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Extended Service Plan

> Extended Warranty Not Covering Parts Cost
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.