cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cell phone booster

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for information on the less expensive cell phone boosters. I have a $500 WeBoost system in my house but I am looking for something less expensive for my shop. I see prices all over the place from $50 on up on ebay but do not know how good they really are. My carrier is US Cellular which uses a combination of 700MHz, 850MHz, and 1900MHz for voice, 1X, 3G, and 4G LTE. Unfortunately in my exact location I seldom get 4G LTE but want to be ready if more towers are added and reception improves. 3G is much mor common for me with occasionally 1X depending on the weather. I usually have 1-2 bars of signal outside and nothing in my steel shop. Does anyone have any experience with these cheaper booster kits. I am having a hard time believing WeBoost is the only game in town. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

MrWizard
if it does what you need, thats all you need
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer
My $50 booster came in today. I put it on a 20' mast at the end of my shop and ran the wire inside. My 4G is not fast or solid enough to stream movies very much but text and voice work just fine. There really is not much difference in this, my WeBoost in the house or the Hughesnet scam that I also have. Not perfect but I didn't have ANYTHING in my shop before

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Way out in the country, my Wilson cradle booster will boost one bar into 4 or 5 bars.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer
I took a chance on a $50 kit on Ebay. I will update this post when I get it in and set up

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Another post on this forum mentioned that Verizon will be dropping 3G down the road.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
There's many generic brands on eBay real cheap. My Wilson (weboost) works perfect, but I'd think some of the generic work just as well.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer