cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toilet mounting

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Planning to replace our Thetford toilet with a Dometic 311. From what I can tell, the base mounting bolts are the same. Can any one verify that? Are there any other installation issues I need to be aware of?

Thanks for your help.
5 REPLIES 5

MrWizard
i changed toilets several months ago
FUBAR
in this bounder, the floor flange was glued to tank inlet pipe,
and i could not remove it to install a new flange
the bolt pattern was different orientation and i had to use a vibrating multi-tool with plunge saw blade and cut NEW notches in the old flange

this is the 3rd MH, that i replaced the old toilet, and the only one that was a PITA, the other two were easy
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I changed out the ceramic one in my Monaco. Took about 30 min at the most. Has worked perfect ever since.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I'll just add that I replaced a toilet in the MH. Looked easy. That is until I took the old one out and put the new one in only to find out that the water lines where not the same height and didn't reach. sigh.

I had to take the new one out and put the old one back in. So check the water line hook up that it matches.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
two travelers wrote:
Planning to replace our Thetford toilet with a Dometic 311. From what I can tell, the base mounting bolts are the same. Can any one verify that? Are there any other installation issues I need to be aware of?

Thanks for your help.

Went the other way.. They are
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Which thetfrord are you replacing?
Verify bolts are parrallel to back wall, they should be 10 inches from back wall

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker