cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shortcut phone number to connect DNS with DirectV

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
After 45 minutes with a person who barely spoke English, never understood what an affidavit was and could not tell me if mine had arrived, I finally gave up getting my DNS reinstated.

This person consistently tried to explain that I could only get the networks for my mailing address while I explained that I have had DNS activated and deactivated at least 7 times over the last 20 years.

Does anyone know how to get around all the BS and how to get to someone who understands the meanings of RV, DNS and affidavit?
23 REPLIES 23

Gdlow
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I recently switched my locals to LA. I get them all over the western US. No DNS necessary to receive just the western feed. If you need both, different story.

How did you do that? do you live there? inquiring minds want to know
thanks
Gary And Cathy
'05 Dolphin 5342
Honda Element following us :W
Pacnats
GS, FMCA
:C Rallys attended
FMCA Albany, Or.'06
FMCA Redmond, Or.'07
FMCA Quartzite, Az. '10...but not again:R
Good Sams "The Rally" Redmond Or. '11
FMCA Redmond August 2014
FMCA Indio, Ca 2013

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
The rest "should" take care of itself.

I did not know this. Guess I can just sit back and wait.

Actually, this makes sense. Last time I activated I was back and forth with agents. Then, low and behold the DNS showed up as I was passing through Texas. Should say p_a_s_s_i_n_g t_h_r_o_u_g_h (825 miles)

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
For those just joining the thread, you CANNOT call and get the DNS service. You MUST fill out the DNS waiver found on the DTV website and mail or fax the form to DTV. The rest "should" take care of itself.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Update:
For any of you who find yourselves in my position, I have acquired 3 phone numbers. Since I am in no great rush to get the DNS turned on by Sept first, I have not yet called. Still have to expect to spend a ridiculous amount of time on the phone to get it finalized. I plan to do so next week.

Tech Assist 800-676-3169
DNS (been told) 806-444-7931 or 806-444-7810.

As DJT famously says, "We'll see".

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
FlatBroke wrote:
Just tell em you moved and you brought your receiver and you give them your address and zip code. Been doing it for years my addresses are both on file with them.
This is in an RV, moving all over, not just 2 addresses. I don't mess with this any more since changing locals to LA.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
FlatBroke wrote:
Get the phone number from DirecTvโ€™s web site โ€œmoving your DirecTVโ€ It takes you straight to service to change your zip code to those local stations. You donโ€™t need no stinking DNS because you get the local stations. Those service people know what and how to do it painlessly. And itโ€™s FREE !
I guess you've had better luck at this than I have.

First, you can't simply use your zip code, they make you provide a specific address. And changing your locals is not easy.. sometimes it takes 3-4 calls to find someone who actually knows what to do and does it.

CBS is gone, along with Smithsonian channel.

CBS has been back for a few days now.
Hereโ€™s the link to move Directv
Another number is. 866 923 1994
Just tell em you moved and you brought your receiver and you give them your address and zip code. Been doing it for years my addresses are both on file with them.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I looks like Congress is trying to screw it up now. If they do not act to renew the DNS option it will die on its own and the law will expire ending DNS to all customers.
https://www.rvtravel.com/your-rv-satellite-feed-may-be-affected-if-congress-fails-to-act/
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. I remember when we knew that option was offered for continued E/W feeds. Speak now of forever hold your peace. I didn't keep it.

I am surprised AT&T didn't screw up your deal, when they took over.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
mikestock wrote:
Yes. I am aware of the current rules. Years ago, you I didn't have to choose. They activated all of the DNS channels, East and West. My wife loved this, because she could pick up her favorite shows from the West if she missed them first time around, in the East. This was pre-DVR.

Luckily, some of us are still grandfathered into the E/W option. For an extra $5/month I get both DNS coasts. Yeah!
I have also talked to a few folks who have been able to get in touch with an understanding tech, supervisor or other and have the same option added to their account. I don't believe you can do it if you would have gotten the West coast by default as you are not supposed to be able to receive programming at a time earlier than originally broadcast or some such nonsense.

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Carl n Susan wrote:
It has been years since I used this, but I have this contact saved.

Phone number straight into the DNS folks
1-800-263-0028

Thanks. That is the one I thought I was looking for, but I got this: "Welcome to DirecTV. Sorry but this number is no longer in service. Please dial 800-531-5000".

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
It has been years since I used this, but I have this contact saved.

Phone number straight into the DNS folks
1-800-263-0028
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
After installing a SWM3 Traveler on my MH roof I don't consider DISH an option.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Switch to DISH. You can call and switch locals every day if you want.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
FlatBroke wrote:
Get the phone number from DirecTvโ€™s web site โ€œmoving your DirecTVโ€ It takes you straight to service to change your zip code to those local stations. You donโ€™t need no stinking DNS because you get the local stations. Those service people know what and how to do it painlessly. And itโ€™s FREE !
I guess you've had better luck at this than I have.

First, you can't simply use your zip code, they make you provide a specific address. And changing your locals is not easy.. sometimes it takes 3-4 calls to find someone who actually knows what to do and does it.

CBS is gone, along with Smithsonian channel.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman