Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleepy Checking in!

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Posted: 08/11/19 06:12pm Link | Quote | Edit | Print | Notify Moderator
It’s been a very long time.

It appears that we have a new moderator, who is it.

Janet and I are still kicking. Our 1161 is sheltered in the carport. After 1318 nights we replaced the Generac with a 2.5 Onan. It was tight.LEDs don’t use nearly as much electricity.

Hope all of you are doing well, and the weather cools off.

Chet (sleepy)
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare
16 REPLIES 16

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Hey sleepy....
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sleepy!!! The very incarnation of the TC spirit. No one has ever lived the life more intensely and for so long. Glad to hear from you. The new Mod, I dont know. But the old Mod is happily gone.

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
Hi from Cave Spring Georgia, We are so glad our 40 foot class A is gone, it was handy after the house fire. We are going to pick up a new truck camper August 19. We have a choice between theBigfoot 2500 10.4 and the Northern Lite 10 2 EX CD dry bath. the only concern for the Bigfoot we looked (both are 2019 and new) at was there was water in three different compartments. The cost factor is so close it is not a factor, the Northern Lite comes standard with a 100 watt solar panel and a 12 volt television I know these are small items but if you have to buy it and install it on the Bigfoot I am guessing it would be several hundred extra dollars. someone told me the bigfoot had a better heating system and the bigfoot comes with 1000 b t u bigger air conditioner. and I do like the bath and dinette location in the Bigfoot, the water in the bigfoot was there long enough to rust the handle for the crank out side awning handle. I know I am procrastinating, but this is a big big decision for us, and will be the last R V we will ever have. My wife likes the slide out pantry and cabinets in the Northern Lite. Thanks for checking back in I always vicariously enjoyed your trip reports. Unfortunately I have to be back with my doctor every 28 days and this will go on for a lot longer than I would like. We hope to make the best of those days we have and intend to utilize dispersed camping in National Forests and maybe some B L M land. thanks for reading a long and rambling post, near the later part of September, the latest early October we hope to tour through your general area we both would enjoy meeting you and Janet and buy you lunch or supper, My traveling pal of 12 years Wrinkles the basset hound past away recently that was a stab in the heart. My wife has had shoulder replacement but doing pretty good. Good luck, good health, and happy traveling to you and Janet
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

bigfootford
Nomad
Nomad
Haw, 3Tons has the AM solar system too, same controller. Still works great! That 23.x VMP makes that Mppt controller work well.

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Sleepy, how is the solar working? I believe you have the same HPV-22B system as me, don't see many of them, mine is still working good.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Welcome back, I loved your heading. iI clicked on it to see about what silly thing somebody said or did during check in because they were tired from the road. 🙂
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

bigfootford
Nomad
Nomad
A ghost from the past! Hope you and Janet can get out and do some more exploring. Thanks for posting.

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
Sleepy, I was looking for you just last night and found that your most recent post was almost a year ago. Thanks for checking in. Glad to hear that you and Janet are still kicking. Sounds like you got your generator problem resolved. Welcome back.

RickW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sleepy, thanks for the time hack.
Rick
04 GMC 1500 4X4X4, 04 Sunlite SB

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for checking in, Chet, gad to hear from you.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

realter
Explorer
Explorer
OMG, another old timer still kicking

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good to hear from you guys

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
good to hear from you give Janet our love

Suds& Sherry
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

NEOK
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to see your post. It's been too long withy one from you!
neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss