Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Sleepy Checking in!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Sleepy Checking in!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
bigfootford

Fair Oaks, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/19 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A ghost from the past! Hope you and Janet can get out and do some more exploring. Thanks for posting.

Jim

2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Mich 245/70XDS2's, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260,Lifeline 100ah, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Trimetric, Delorme/laptop, Holux gps rec,led lights, Wave-3 heat.

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/19 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome back, I loved your heading. iI clicked on it to see about what silly thing somebody said or did during check in because they were tired from the road. [emoticon]

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

mellow

Salisbury, MD

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/19 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sleepy, how is the solar working? I believe you have the same HPV-22B system as me, don't see many of them, mine is still working good.

2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

bigfootford

Fair Oaks, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/19 02:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Haw, 3Tons has the AM solar system too, same controller. Still works great! That 23.x VMP makes that Mppt controller work well.

Jim

devildog1971

Rome

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/13/19 03:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi from Cave Spring Georgia, We are so glad our 40 foot class A is gone, it was handy after the house fire. We are going to pick up a new truck camper August 19. We have a choice between theBigfoot 2500 10.4 and the Northern Lite 10 2 EX CD dry bath. the only concern for the Bigfoot we looked (both are 2019 and new) at was there was water in three different compartments. The cost factor is so close it is not a factor, the Northern Lite comes standard with a 100 watt solar panel and a 12 volt television I know these are small items but if you have to buy it and install it on the Bigfoot I am guessing it would be several hundred extra dollars. someone told me the bigfoot had a better heating system and the bigfoot comes with 1000 b t u bigger air conditioner. and I do like the bath and dinette location in the Bigfoot, the water in the bigfoot was there long enough to rust the handle for the crank out side awning handle. I know I am procrastinating, but this is a big big decision for us, and will be the last R V we will ever have. My wife likes the slide out pantry and cabinets in the Northern Lite. Thanks for checking back in I always vicariously enjoyed your trip reports. Unfortunately I have to be back with my doctor every 28 days and this will go on for a lot longer than I would like. We hope to make the best of those days we have and intend to utilize dispersed camping in National Forests and maybe some B L M land. thanks for reading a long and rambling post, near the later part of September, the latest early October we hope to tour through your general area we both would enjoy meeting you and Janet and buy you lunch or supper, My traveling pal of 12 years Wrinkles the basset hound past away recently that was a stab in the heart. My wife has had shoulder replacement but doing pretty good. Good luck, good health, and happy traveling to you and Janet

2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

67avion

Carbondale, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/14/19 09:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sleepy!!! The very incarnation of the TC spirit. No one has ever lived the life more intensely and for so long. Glad to hear from you. The new Mod, I dont know. But the old Mod is happily gone.

mountainkowboy

Socal > NE Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/19 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey sleepy....

Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
1990 F350 S/C Lariat Dually (Red)
1990 S&S 11SC Cabover
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Sleepy Checking in!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.