cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling TT through Newport Rhode Island

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
We hope to travel on the east coast next summer and previous experience has taught us it's complicated with bridges/tunnels, etc.

We would like to go from Dinosaur state park in Connecticut to Normandy Farms in Massachusetts but with stopping at the Breakers in Newport Rhode Island for a tour.

Is it possible to pull a 35 foot travel trailer through Newport Rhode Island and into Massachusetts?

Thanks
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog
3 REPLIES 3

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
You won't get into fisherman's memorial in the summer without reservations.

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
2x on Fisherman's State Park. The take the tow vehicle to your local destinations. Have a smaller class C and I have my hands full driving around Newport. As posted if you can spend a couple of days investigating the Point Judith and the Jamestown area (lookup Beaver Tail point in Jamestown) you won't be bored. How about a 1/2 or full day deep sea fishing trip right out of Galilee, right down the street from the mentioned State Park. Plenty to do and see.
The Newport mansions, and the shore line drive there are great visits.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Sure, just avoid the water front. Hit the Jamestown and Newport bridges and take state route 114. There are a few places to stop along the route where you could stop and unhook, but if you have an extra day or 2, stop at Fisherman's State Park on Point Judith and drive the tow vehicle to Newport for the day. The run up from the Newport Bridge to route 24 and I-195 to i-495 north to Normandy is an easy drive.

The Breakers is probably the best mansion tour.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox