Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear picture window model suggestions

kodiakcanuck
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,
Looking for TT model suggestions for a couples trailer that has the large rear window with 2 chairs livingroom set up.

Looking for something from 25 to 29 feet and from the 2005 to 2015 year range, no new models please.

Some I have found:
2009 Fleetwood Wilderness 260 RLS
2011 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604

Any feedback welcome!
2011 Kodiak 240KSSL
Husky Center Line WDH
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman 3:92,8-speed,5.7L HEMI
2007 Kodiak 214 HTT (prior)
2010 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4, 3:55, 5.7L (prior)
15 REPLIES 15

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
I see you are from Canada, I have friends in Canada with this model, so they are up there. If you find one on good shape and well loved, you found a gem.

Sunline T-2499, Non Slide, 7,000# GVWR, Dry weight, just under 4,800# GVW, length 25' 11"

A few pics,

If you want more pics, see my Flicker page here. We sold our 2004 but I later bought a 2007 I'm restoring. Sunline T2499 on Flicker

The pics you see are maple interior. The 2007's had a cheery option if you are after the darker woods.

You can find this model from 2003 to 2007. I would not rule out the 2003's or a 2004's. 2007 models will be the last year they were in business. Sunline built a quality camper. And with any camper, the owner needs to take care of it so make sure you check for signs of water intrusion in any used camper.

Sunline made other rear living floor plans, however the camper is longer and heavier needing a 3/4 or 1 ton truck to tow. I left them out, but if interested I have more on them.

A note to understand, rear living campers can have high loaded tongue weight due to the floor plan. They load with more weight to the front. Those 2 nice swivel rocker chairs in the back looking out the big window do not offset all the cargo stored ahead of it. This is a trait generally regardless of brand. Make sure your truck and bed load is capable of handling the floor plan.

Good luck in your search.

John
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have an outside picture but this is the rear living of our 32' Montana Mountaineer. To the right is a slide which has a couch and dining table

b_rharmon
Explorer
Explorer
Look to any model the has "RL" for rear living.
Bill DH
Renee DW
Bumper & Willie (furkids)
2002 F250 4X4 V10 W/Tow Option
2002 Coleman Seapine

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
ppine wrote:
Outdoors RV has a great one.

24 RLS!
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

realter
Explorer
Explorer
MO Bird. Who makes a 21โ€™ 5 Er anymore?

dmatt
Explorer
Explorer
Lance and Outdoors RV have an almost identical model with the large rear window. The dealer we bought from carries both. Said Lance launched their 2375 in response to the Outdoor RV model. Both come with the rear recliners and are comparable quality wise. We went with the Lance due to it being lighter in weight (ORV is quite heavy with a GVWR of 9999lbs).
2018 F150 FX4, 3.5 EB, max tow
2019.5 Lance 2375
Madison-the loveable old lady of the dog clan
Riley-our rescued Black Lab
Scout-the new crazy Australian Shepherd puppy

Our camping photos

jnslprd
Explorer
Explorer
Arctic Fox 25y

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
Mine (see signature). Exterior length is 28โ€™8โ€. One of the main draws for us was the picture window in the rear and the 2 swivel rocker recliners. Easy to spin around and relax with the view. Manufactured in LeGrande,, OR. This TT is the right size for the two of us, and we love the view out the back.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

MissouriBird
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Jayco Jay Flight 27RLS--Rear Living w/large Slide. We love it as it also has a big U-shaped dinette area, walk around queen bed and lots and lots of storage. More than I use----even on 3-4 month trips to Alaska!

We pull it with a Ram 2500 Diesel. A good combination as it handles it with ease, even in the mountains.

That said--we are considering going back to a 20-21 footer w/o a slide. We really like to get off the beaten path and use National Parks, Forest Service, State park campgrounds. So many of those in the west weren't made for anything much more than 21-22'. And, we are really road-trippers more than campers. WE don't go pull up next to a lake and sit for a week. We like to keep on the road every 2-3 days.

It's just the two of us now--grand kids have all out grown Grandma and Grandpa and we aren't up to chasing after the Great Grand-kids. So smaller, simpler is more appealing to us.

Think about how you camp---4-7 days in a spot or are you a road tripper? Do you stay in RV parks with plenty of room or do you like it a bit more remote.

After three different travel trailers and one truck camper, we have discovered there really is no perfect rig that will fit all life stages and all budgets. Figure out what you really are comfortable with and then go for it.
Nomads at heart

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Generically, sounds like you're looking for a 'rear living' floor plan. We had a Jayco WhiteHawk 27DSRL (2013) that pretty much checks your boxes. If you're shopping used it might be one to consider. Jayco has discontinued the model and replaced it with the 28RL.....at an MSRP nearly double what we paid for the 2013 DSRL.

dugwms
Explorer
Explorer
We have the twin to the 2604, a Flagstaff 26RLWS. Great RV. While there are some cons to the floorplan, it's the best we've found for 2 plus a large labradoodle.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
outback 295RE/298RE. We have the 295RE. The 298 came out a little later and replaced the 295RE. The 298RE is same layout but added a bedroom wardrobe slide. Upside is more closet room, downside is only a window on one side of the bedroom. has a huge rear window, big windows on the side, TV drops down into a cabinet to give full rear view. opposing slides for big living area, fridge,stove,microwave, bath, dinette, cabinets all accessible with the slides in. On the long side of your limit.

2 chairs on one side, couch on the other side and a large dinette.

Ours has 35K+ miles on it and no problems.

the only downside is that earlier models came with 30A service and one AC, which is barely adequate in some climates. Later models did have a 50A option with either a second air or provisions for it.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Have a look at the Pacific Coachworks Tango or Villagio in the 2007 - 2010 model years.
Model 306RLSS.
It not only has the arrangement you describe, but also has a 12 foot slide that goes out 3 feet. Slide contains the dinette and couch. The SS in the model name stands for Super Slide.

It's beautiful! As I type this I'm sitting in one, enjoying the view out that large window with a coffee in hand!

Guess I better add that this one is 32 feet, a bit longer than what you requested.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

BadgerMcAdams
Explorer
Explorer
Go look at Outdoors RV...One of their big selling points is the BIG picture window in the back of the TT...They offer many different floorplans and while a bit more expensive than an entry model, they appear to be better built and are designed for more rugged use.

They are probably the vendor that we will get a TT from in the future...