cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Upper Peninsula

sspnzogrdrv
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of pulling camper up to the UP of Michigan, next Summer. Can anyone make any recommendations on campgrounds? I would prefer a full hook-up site. Pulling a 35' TT.
2016 OPEN RANGE 272RL
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed 6.0L
Eine Frau (Lisa)
Zwei Hunden (Murphy and Bailey)
23 REPLIES 23

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
i just woke up to clear skies and 50 degrees at Indigo Bluffs....... just saying ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
We have never been to Michigan, but I saw a tv show about a park...Pictured Rocks...it looks so beautiful. Please check it out.

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
It would take you months of daily travel around the U.P. just to see most of the major attractions and venues it has to offer. Yes, there is so much to see and do up there and so few residents but plenty of tourists/vacationers, RV'ers, campers, fishing and sporting people, and families. The U.P. size is approx 350 X 160 miles in physical size and only has around a mere 300,000 population. The roads are good also and the towns are well stocked and have lots of restaurants, grocery stores, and fuel stations all over. Hundreds of CG's so not a problem either. We'll be up there form the last week of Sept and usually the first 2 weeks of Oct for the 58th year.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

sspnzogrdrv
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. Seems like there is a lot to see/do in this area. Decisions, decisons.
2016 OPEN RANGE 272RL
Eine Frau (Lisa)

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was looking for RV blogs when I came across this entry on the upper peninsula
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Mfan wrote:
The picture reaches are nice, but we prefer the pictured rocks.

LOL, I typed that fast and didn't see the typo that autocorrect fixed! I agree those are much nicer!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Addy15
Explorer
Explorer
smarty wrote:
Addy15 wrote:
I will recommend Indigo Bluffs RV Park and Resort in the Traverse City/Sleeping Bear Dunes area. They have everything from tent sites to luxury RV sites. Would definitely stay there again.

Please note that Traverse City is in the lower pennisula not the upper

I am aware of that. But if the OP is traveling from North Carolina, they have to go through lower MI to get to the UP. So if they wanted to visit that area on the way north or back south, it was just a suggestion...

We recently visited the Sleeping Bear Dune area as part of our tour of the UP.

sspnzogrdrv
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice.
2016 OPEN RANGE 272RL
Eine Frau (Lisa)

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful campground and area but not exactly the UP. We will be there next week for a few days.

Addy15 wrote:
I will recommend Indigo Bluffs RV Park and Resort in the Traverse City/Sleeping Bear Dunes area. They have everything from tent sites to luxury RV sites. Would definitely stay there again.
2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
Addy15 wrote:

Please note that Traverse City is in the lower pennisula not the upper

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
I am from the UP and one of the best places to camp is the Township park on the shores of Lake Superior in Ontonogan. Sunsets are beautiful and rival those seen in Key West. Someone stated black flies are an issue but I do not believe this to be true. There are literally hundreds of places to camp in the UP. Most folks do not realize how large the UP is, it takes many hours to drive from one end to the other.

sprint99
Explorer
Explorer
Our favorite campground is https://www.jackpinelodgeup.com/. Nice sites, not to cramped at all and good amenities. Great little bar/restaurant on site as well that does fantastic smoked bbq.

And if ATV's / UTV's are your thing, Jack Pine has access to thousands of miles of trails.

I also highly suggest a boat tour of Lake Superior!

Addy15
Explorer
Explorer

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Do a search here too. We just did a thread or 2 on the UP.