cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

camera

Happycamper30
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know a least exspensive wireless security camera's with a laptop and maybe 2 camera's i always want to know whats going to my camper when i am not around only go on weekends and we are seasonals
so i would like to know by the camera of who's around by my camper when i'am not there.

Thank you.
10 REPLIES 10

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from General RVing
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Happycamper30
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all your responses,
I will check these out.

Ron.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks mgirardo.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
joelc wrote:
Did I read your information correctly. You have a security camera that does not need Wi-Fi? Reason I am asking is we have a RV on a lot and leave it for 6 months out of the year. We DO NOT have Wi-Fi. It would be great if there was something we could hook up to see our rig via Cell Phone.

Sorry for any confusion, all of my Cameras are IP cameras. They are hard wired with Cat 5e cable to the router, they don't use WiFi. However, since they are connected to my router, I can view them from anywhere.

If you don't have WiFi, REO Link does make a camera that can use 3G/4G Broadband for connectivity. That camera is about $250. If you can find a cheap data plan for it, it would probably work well for you. My cameras don't use a lot of bandwidth if I don't constantly monitor them. My cameras all send me emails with images when there is motion. If I need to investigate, then I will pull the camera up on my phone or on the laptop and review the stored video for the time frame.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Wyze cam, cheap, works well.

https://www.wyze.com/
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
mgirardo wrote:

Installation is simple and does not require a computer or Network Video Recorder

REO Link does not require a monthly subscription.

-Michael

Did I read your information correctly. You have a security camera that does not need Wi-Fi? Reason I am asking is we have a RV on a lot and leave it for 6 months out of the year. We DO NOT have Wi-Fi. It would be great if there was something we could hook up to see our rig via Cell Phone.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using REO Link cameras for years. All the cameras I have installed (10 in total, 8 at one location, 2 at another) are IP Cameras, not wireless. However, their Argus 2 is wireless and battery operated. You can also purchase the solar panel to charge the batteries, so you only need wireless.

Installation is simple and does not require a computer or Network Video Recorder if you have a Smart Phone (you can use a computer or NVR if you want). Download the app, scan the qr code of the camera, give it a password and you are done. It is viewable from anywhere. You can also use a micro sd card to store video on, so you can review what was going on while you aren't watching. You can review video through the app. I have all 10 cameras connected to my app. If you have access to the wi-fi router, you can setup Port Forwarding to view the cameras in a web browser to get a larger view.

REO Link does not require a monthly subscription.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Again, assuming you have wifi, we have several Simplisafe cameras in our house. They are easy to setup.
The problem with many other cameras, such as Foscam, is that one needs to be a geek to get them connected to the internet.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming that you have internet WiFi and a power source available, here is what we use....
Camera
It is inexpensive and we power it with our 110 inverter or standard outlet when available and it is setup on our cell data router in our coach. The phone app receives motion alerts when we set them and you can view at any time from your phone app anywhere.

Moved from ATC