cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Largest TT out there

LubbockJake
Explorer
Explorer
What is currently the largest TT out there? We have a 32’ Forest River with 3 slides but am wondering if there is anything bigger. I have a one ton and just don’t like 5th wheels. Thanks for the help!
14 REPLIES 14

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
264SRinPA wrote:
I saw a Spacecraft bumper pull that is 48ft long. 40,000lb GVWR and 7000lb tongue weight. Way beyond the limit of any dually. It was being towed with a Freightliner. No weight distribution hitch. Used a pintle hitch.

I assume the buyer was older or had mobility issues and so didn't want 5th wheel stairs?
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

264SRinPA
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a Spacecraft bumper pull that is 48ft long. 40,000lb GVWR and 7000lb tongue weight. Way beyond the limit of any dually. It was being towed with a Freightliner. No weight distribution hitch. Used a pintle hitch.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
I've put about 45,000 miles on my trailer. Tires were bald by 30,000. Finally did those rubber suspension equalizers around 40,000 miles, and it was good I did. The shackles were nearly worn through, with some having only an 1/8" of steel left at the edge of the bolt hole.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Wow! you must be one LONG train when you're hitched. What's your total length, tow vehicle and trailer combined?

It stays at our seasonal site year 'round. Our Honda CRV is borderline towing it and we haven't tried 🙂 When the dealer delivered it, they were using a RAM 3500 Dually Long bed. Our site is just about 60' long and the combo just fit in the site.

I would love to put enough weight in the bunk house to reduce the tongue enough so I could drop it on the ball of the CRV, take a picture and ask if my setup looks doable. The CRV can handle a tongue weight of 100 lbs, I wonder how much weight I would need in the bunk house to lower the tongue weight that low 🙂

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I have to guess the "Montana" 5ver is over 40 ft with several slides. The one reviewed in Trailer Life magazine cost over $200,000.00.

A bit large for my taste but they sell them.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Acdii
Explorer
Explorer
Oh there are definitely some long ones 40' out there. I saw a couple at an RV show and I overheard a sales guy say, SURE your Ram 1500 can tow this!

Oh man, I wanted to Gibbs that idiot so bad, but my wife held me back. LOL

I had looked at the UVW and GVWR and that trailer sat there, empty at over 10,000 pounds. It was a 14K GVWR trailer. Not even a perfectly set up F150 with 13,200 capacity could tow that monster of a trailer. I just SMH and walked away.

Yeah, they are out there, really nice ones, but man that is one long trailer to tow, and even with a Dually it would be border line crazy, that is a lot of sail!

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
My ORV is 38' overall with 4 slides.

Forest River has a couple fully self contained destination trailers, such as the Sierra line, about 44' overall, with up to 4 slides, or some floorplans have a 2nd story loft.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
mgirardo wrote:
Our Jayco Jayflight Bungalow is 40' long with 4 Slides.

-Michael

Wow! you must be one LONG train when you're hitched. What's your total length, tow vehicle and trailer combined?

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone Larado 335MK and 332BH TRAVEL TRAILER are 38 feet long.
Keystone Outback 340BH is 39 feet long.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Our Jayco Jayflight Bungalow is 40' long with 4 Slides.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
our keystone laredo 330 rl is approx 38ft bumper to hitch. love it. rear living with opposing slides, large shower, bedroom slide. pushing 10k lbs loaded to camp. with have a ford 250 gasser, no problems at all towing. tows better than our previous 33ft wildwood. i too prefer bumper pulls to fivers.

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Spacecraft Mfg

If you can't find something you like, I'm pretty sure these guys can build anything you want. Not cheap though
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

badercubed
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone Hideout have some 38fters with three slides.

Puma by Palomino has some Destination (Park) models that are long with big slides as well.
2019 Apex Nano 208BHS
2016 F-150 Crew Cab (it's my wife's ride)

Been camping for 37 of my 38 years!