cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the hierarchy of Gulfstreams?

Diydhisey
Explorer
Explorer
I know, strange question. We are seriously looking at a 2004 Crescendo (my husband is in love with it). However, he was wondering what the "pecking" order is. I.e. Crescendo, next step up a Yellow Stone? We've never owned anything like this but have six year old twins and figure now is the best time to do some traveling with them. The thought of having them strapped in car seats for hours on end, and hauling a 5th held no appeal for me. I figured as owners you all would be the best people to ask.

Also, he was wondering how Gulfstreams rate. For example, if you were comparing them to vehicles, would they be Cadillacs, Buicks or AMC Pacers? (His analogy, not mine.)

Please be patient with the questions, I promise future ones will not be so asinine.
10 REPLIES 10

BUB1988
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2003 YellowStone and are very happy with the coach. It has a CAT330HP with allison transmission. Very well built, solid structure and wood cabinets. We just replaced the original roof top A/C's and all other appliances are original. We have had the coach about 6 1/2 years. We would definently look at Gulf Streams again of we were in the market.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
So, not a motorhome, but my 5er is a 2002 Gulfstream Sea Hawk. Shortly after they changed the Sea Hawk name to Prairie Schooner and then to Yellowstone (I believe). Anyway, the Sea Hawk/Schooner was top of their line at the time.

Regardless of how it was back then, you are now looking at a 15 year old coach. It is much more important how the previous owner(s) took care of it than where it fell in a hierarchy when it was built.

And for the record, we are very happy with our units build quality.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Traver8
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure I understand your comment about not having the kids I car seats for hours on end. Even in a motor home you should still use car seats for safety. I hope that you had not planned for them to be running loose while driving down the road.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"The thought of having them strapped in car seats for hours on end,..."

Just because you are in a MH doesn't mean the twins won't need to be belted when moving.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
We have had our 2005 Gulfstream Ultra Supreme for about 10 years now, and still going strong. I would rate about the Buick grade. Upscale, but not luxury by any means. Way behind more modern ones, but has served us well, having lived in it up to 6 months at a time. You can see it in our signature picture.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

kenwautoone
Explorer
Explorer
Junk,more junk , extreme junk

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
and if theres any water stains ,,run.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If you like the Crescendo and are happy with it, that's all that really matters. It doesn't matter what pecking-order it may have. In terms of quality, its now at least 5 years old. If it still looks good, has no major issues, and fits your family's needs, then you have a winner!

The most important thing is, YOU are happy with it. It can be a Little Hobo tear drop camper from the 1970's or a multi-million dollar motor coach just off the assembly line, as long as you are happy with it and it fits your needs, who cares what others think.

The most expensive RV on the market and the highest quality one made will become trash if the owner does not take care of them. An entry level Little Hobo Tear Drop type camper can look and be pristine for 40 years if they are will taken care of. RV ranking doesn't mean much if the owners don't take care of them.

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a downloadable brochure for the 2004 Crescendo .... Click. Just going by the last page of the brochure, the Crescendo is the bottom in the Diesel lineup. Looks like it goes, Scenic Cruiser, Friendship G7, Atrium Yellowstone, then Crescendo. Not sure that matters or not though. Good Luck !

univmd
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about 2004. In 2008 Tourmaster was at the top followed by Crescendo. Gulfstream in general is like the Pacer.
2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster
2011 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
US Gear Unified Tow Brake