cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV parks near Geogretown, Ky

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thinking of going to the Rode to the Horse next March. Does anyone have suggestions for good RV parks near Georgetown, Ky.? Also what to expect for temperatures that time of year.
6 REPLIES 6

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at Whispering Hills several times. Is our "go to" stopover point on way to North Carolina. Really nice people and nice park.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
If you are going to Rode to the Horse as a competitor, you likely want to stay at the horse park campground. BUT, if you are going as a spectator, be aware the horse park campground will likely be jammed full of competitors, which means lots of extra truck and golf cart traffic, many more people (especially using the bath house and laundry equipment), and often folks who don't follow the rules about leashed dogs, maximum number of people and vehicles per site, and dumping grey water on the site.

We love KHP and the campground, but we won't stay at the campground if there is a large show going on at the horse park.
2017 LTV Unity

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto on KY Horse Park campground.

KY Horse Park campground amenities
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

jensenst
Explorer
Explorer
Kentucky Horse Park is the best in that area

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
Whispering Hills for sure. It is a very nice and quiet cg.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
It's held at the Horse Park where they have camping electric and water but no sewer. Kentucky Horse Park
This one here about 15 miles away offers all 3. Whispering Hills
As for the weather: high 60's low 70's with rain chances pretty good.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.