Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nash 17k

jdtrotter
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
I have not been around for a while, but I have been here with our Casita, two Outfitter Campers and then our R-pod. Now we are about to buy
a Nash 17k for a more durable trailer on rough roads. So we would love to hear from Nash 17k owners and their experience. One dealer told us that we will be unhappy that we did but an Outdoor RV, but he doesn't sell the Nash. ??
5 REPLIES 5

dmatt
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats and make sure you come back with some pics!!

On a side note, saw the other day that Ron Nash passed away..:(
2018 F150 FX4, 3.5 EB, max tow
2019.5 Lance 2375
Madison-the loveable old lady of the dog clan
Riley-our rescued Black Lab
Scout-the new crazy Australian Shepherd puppy

Our camping photos

jdtrotter
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. We decided to sign papers yesterday. It will be different. ??

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
I owned a 2007 Nash 29V. It was solid and very well insulated. But it was heavy.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can't comment on the 17K, but we had an older 22H and LOVED it. Very solidly built, durable and comfortable. They are great trailers. The floorplan of the 17K will be tight, but it was mostly just my wife and I in our 22H and we made do. If you are coming from a Casita, you are familiar with a smaller interior space and you'll know if its acceptable to you. I miss my Nash, but we have 3 kids now so it wouldn't have been possible to have 5 of us (including an infant) in that 22H.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think the Nash is a good trailer. More Durable than many if not all other wood framed rigs. To my knowledge, they are a wood framed pressure laminated. It is my opinion and only my opinion that any wood framed that has a slide will be weaker than any wood frame trailer without a slide. Thinking a 17k wouldn't have a slide, making it even better for durability. The only real downfall to a Nash is the "more entry level" standard features like no LED's, no slam shut storage doors on the outside etc. I would upgrade the suspension with the MorRyde, wet bolts, hefty shackle plates and shocks.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!