cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iota IQ4 question

Golferdude21
Explorer
Explorer
So i Have an Iota DLS 30 and just got the IQ4 smart charger plug in. I noticed when i turn everything off and battery disconnect switch off that the IQ4 green light is on and blinks still. So with everything off it is still monitoring batteries? This is when im in between trips ill turn everything off and let it sit there camper not plugged in for week or so until my next trip....Is this have any significant draw on the batteries?? Or do ya guys just unplug the IQ4 wire from the Converter so its off? Then plug back in before u plug camper plug back in. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok The light is powered off 12 volts. If you turn off everything and disconnect the batteries and unplug you'd think there would be no 12 volts.. (As I would but alas I know better) the converter holds a small amount of "Charge" in the filter circuit that will keep the light glowing or flashing for quite some time.

Just so you know. normal. not to worry.

IF the converter is wired DIRECT to the battery... Well. then it's running off battery power
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
+1 for removing a battery cable in storage. There are other electronic memories and detectors running even when "off".

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
My IOTA with the built-in IQ4 does the same thing. For long term storage I pull the negative (-) battery cable off.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......