cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fridge code. refrigerator

car54Don
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Itasca, gas, Norcold Refrigerator code - dc lo -.

Day 4 camping at diff locations. Lots of driving. Hooked up to 50 amp earlier in day. This evening code "dc lo" pops up, Also lights thru out unit are dimming. Like battery is losing juice. Unit is plugged into 50 amp. Any help would be appreciated. thx Don

add: so this morning all 12v lights, fridge & light, stopped working. no power.
The micro and tv and plugs all work.

tested house battery, read 1.2 . engine battery read 12.7.

going to buy new series 27 deep cycle battery.
How do you test converter??
6 REPLIES 6

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
To test the converter output you would need a volt meter.
It doesn't have to be an expensive one. Harbor Freight has one similar.
Voltmeter
You would connect the black lead to ground and red lead to the positive. This can be done directly to the output of the converter or in the 12 volt DC distribution panel input.
If you use the converter output, it would prove that the converter is good or bad.
If using the 12 volt DC terminals in distribution panel and it shows low voltage you would still need to check converter.
You should see 13 plus volts from converter.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or the converter popped its cb.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
cavie wrote:
Check converter AC circuit breaker. Use voltmeter to measure converter output voltage. Check two reverse polarity 30/40 amp fuses on converter. Check water level in battery's. Have batteries load tested.

THIS^^^^^

YOur converter is failing and battery is low cause converter is not maintaining/charging battery
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Y-Guy
Since you are plugged in and still having the problem it sounds like your converter/charger is either not working. Do check your batteries first, but my gut says a new converter/charger is in your future. Your situation sounds exactly like mine when mine failed. When mine failed a few years ago I took the opportunity to upgrade it one from Progressive Dynamics. Worth checking into if yours has failed.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Check converter AC circuit breaker. Use voltmeter to measure converter output voltage. Check two reverse polarity 30/40 amp fuses on converter. Check water level in battery's. Have batteries load tested.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Here is main list of codes.
DC-LO Low DC voltage
Norcold codes

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker