cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Theft from dealership

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting story- a sales manager from a *cough* well known chain dealership is caught on camera stealing a mattress from another dealer.
Story on WLOS
-- Chris Bryant
17 REPLIES 17

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
Oregon = heaven. Canโ€™t wait to get back.

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
1968mooney, I'd be tickled pink if you saw any state's road sign and turned around & went home!
Likewise, I'm pleased that you don't like Oregon, and it is my greatest hope the remainder of the country to the west and north of Florida is not to your liking.

(Seriously, I stated my opinion, and apparently you took umbrage with it. It's just an opinion - let it go!)
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Ha ha ha

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Coupled with my own ugly experiences with CW and stories like this, I've avoided CW for the last several years.
That and any KOA. Our saying when we see a sign for one whilst on the road: KOA -Stay Away!!!!
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
If I bought a new RV they would be more then welcome to keep the torture device they call a mattress. I have bought several new RV'S and have yet to leave the dealership with the mattress. They can have the garbage tv as well.

I can't understand why anyone would even want this stuff let alone stealing it.

Same here on the mattress.

He'd fit right in with the CW bunch I dealt with at the Knoxville branch. The sales mgr was also the one who tried to physically intimidate me into buying a TT. But yeah. theres not enough Personal Responsibility in the world today.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was it a crime? He's going to sleep on it.

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, a Sales Manager? And check out his mug shot: He's SMILING!!!
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Kansas_Climber
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Downtheavenue. While it does reflect badly, I don't know how a reasonable person could hold a company responsible for the actions of an individual in an instance like this. I am sure it was dealt with at his company.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just think how bad he would rip off a customer.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
If I bought a new RV they would be more then welcome to keep the torture device they call a mattress. I have bought several new RV'S and have yet to leave the dealership with the mattress. They can have the garbage tv as well.

I can't understand why anyone would even want this stuff let alone stealing it.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Now that's customer service

BadgerMcAdams
Explorer
Explorer
It reflects poorly on the company...The leaders are ALWAYS responsible for the actions of their employees. That was drummed into my head from day one of Basic Training and never changed in my 20 years of service. YOU, the leader, are responsible for the actions of those under you.

If the person felt comfortable in taking the mattresses and other items, then that comfort must have come from an environment where such actions were tacitly approved or overlooked by those in charge. That one of the individuals was a Sales Manager (i.e. higher level employee), he should have had the knowledge that his actions were not in line with the company's policies, yet they committed the crime anyway. This means that they didn't care that their actions may reflect poorly on their employers. This indicates a show of contempt of their employer's code of ethics.

Either way, Leadership is responsible in the end. They worked for the company, and the company will be the one who had to answer for it in the public venue. The employee may go to jail, but the employer will have the stigma for a time period of being the ones who "Stole that stuff from another RV Dealer!"

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
DownTheAvenue wrote:
That reflects poorly on the individuals but not on the company they worked for.
If a manager does this I assume the company culture is similar from top to bottom.

TBammer
Explorer
Explorer
Just doing what he has to to help the customer. LOL
2016 Chevy 2500 HD, 6.0 gasser, 4.10 dif
2019 Arctic Fox 25W
Reese Pro-Series WD Hitch