Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Heave-Ho
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess I never put the finished drawer pics up. I have some I can show even though I undid it all now.
The main reason for this mod was so I could use this electric fridge. I never camp at campgrounds with their relatively flat camp parking spots, I am always off-grid and rarely level until I commit for the night and level the rig, but sometimes I just get it close, but not close enough for the temperamental absorption fridge who is needy for propane, not free solar power.
Gaining some huge drawer space was a plus.

With it closed up
[image]

Opened top
[image]

New outside door, sealed up, coated with epoxy
[image]

New fridge, is on drawer slides that were taped to the fiberglass, and btw, the tape was strong VHB but with a heat gun was un-did easily with no trace
[image]

[image]

[image]

So I made new cusions to fit the new smaller space. With table down in bed position. Lots of odd shape cushions to fit the new seating arrangement and work up or down.
The reason for the slide is on the rare occasion I need to sleep someone in this space at least they have leg room, though a bit tight fit, it is better than sleeping outside on the ground in pouring rain on a freezing night…
[image]

* This post was edited 01/16/20 07:57pm by ajriding *

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/16/20 08:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ajriding wrote:

Camper for sale…
old useless propane fridge is going back in to help with the sale since people don't know what they need at first.

I guess the reason he thought you were putting in an old non-working propane fridge, was because of this statement.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went on a birdhouse forum and asked how to build a birdhouse and the first guy asked if I had too many cats and went on a rant about getting cats fixed. The next guy rambled on about bird seeds. Yet another post discussed what kind of nail I intend to use on the tree, which led to wether or not to hire an arborist to manage the trees in my yard or try to do it myself. Someone chimed in that their tree had gotten beetles and had to be taken down, which prompted another forum enthusiast to tell us about a storm that blew a tree down on his house. I asked what kind of nails he used on his house, but that greatly offended all of them, so I gave up, never getting any info on building a bird house. I don't have cats or trees, sadly.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.