Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I drove a 2020 Silverado D/A 3500HD today

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
In short.... I LIKE.

They look really good in person. I do wish the High Country had the LTZ chrome bumper.

The 10 speed tranny is seamless, and the Dmax power is there as usual. Lots of G whiz features. I love the HUD display.
It is gonna be a definate upgrade over my 2011.

I had her build a High Country 3500 DRW 4X4 CC DA. Out the door right at 80K.
Gonna shop around and see if I can do better. But I see myself placing an order soon.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW
37 REPLIES 37

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
womps wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
I really like the look of the new Denali but $80k? ... I wonder what us Canadians will have to shell out?

2020 Chev High Country 2500 with the Duramax. $93,893 is window msrp at our dealership in Alberta. I sure didnโ€™t like the looks in picture but this one is black and with all that chrome on the front I am liking it. Makes a very bold statement.

They've come up some but maybe not just too bad. In 2017 my Ford had a msrp of about $92k.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
I know the new Chevy HD's are getting a bad rap on the exterior and interior looks from a lot of people myself included but as time goes on I like them more and more especially seeing them in person. The thing I like the most is that they are really design well for towing with all the new tech and features they have. No longer do you need to clutter your dash with a rear view monitor for your trailer, no longer a separate tire monitor on the dash for your trailer tires, and so forth, they thought of it. Even stupid little things like a block heater outlet on the bumper. Like it or not I feel it's a well thought out truck for those of us who pull. Of course the same can be said for the better looking GMC. Usefulness and practicality trumps style for me anyway.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
At least in this case there is always the GMC, which looks sooo much better.

I wonder if Chevy got the same focus group that said the Aztec was a good looking design and ready to go to market.
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

womps
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
I really like the look of the new Denali but $80k? ... I wonder what us Canadians will have to shell out?

2020 Chev High Country 2500 with the Duramax. $93,893 is window msrp at our dealership in Alberta. I sure didnโ€™t like the looks in picture but this one is black and with all that chrome on the front I am liking it. Makes a very bold statement.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a step that folds up and fits into the hitch receiver that has USA on the face and still works great. Bought it for the 2001 truck. Of course the higher trucks would make the step too high .

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bert Ackerman wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Ok I got my first look at a Chevy 2500 truck and the front end is as hideous as the pictures. Also the bed step is a poor design that will add very little value. The interior looked ok with black leather seats.

Something tells me Chevy is already planning on fast forwarding the refresh sooner rather than later. The front end, bed step and interior will receive the main focus on the refresh.

Bottom line there's nothing with these trucks that make me want to part ways with my '12 truck.

Bottom line, I do not believe anyone cares what your opinion is, and I highly doubt you're going to sway someones purchase decision.

As to your specific comments. Based on the Ford emblem and "built ford proud" in your signature, how could anyone expect otherwise in a thread focused on Chevrolet.

Many truck enthusiast here comment on other brands all the time. Just so you know I've owned a couple of Chevy trucks in the past and this one continues to disappoint.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
ksss wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Ok I got my first look at a Chevy 2500 truck and the front end is as hideous as the pictures. Also the bed step is a poor design that will add very little value. The interior looked ok with black leather seats.

Something tells me Chevy is already planning on fast forwarding the refresh sooner rather than later. The front end, bed step and interior will receive the main focus on the refresh.

Bottom line there's nothing with these trucks that make me want to part ways with my '12 truck.

Those side steps on the 2020's have value if you work out of one. Take a look at any truck that someone works out of and look at the side of the bed. You will notice scratches from coat zippers and people dragging things across the tops of the bed rails that inevitabily slide down the outside. Why? Because they cant reach over the bed to the bottom of the deck to grab things, and they dont want to crawl in the bed to from the back to get it. The step on the side is a great feature, I am not crazy about the look of it. However there is no doubt it serves a practical purpose. At the end of the day for me, that is what matters. Just as a general unscientific observation, the internet objection about the looks has softened now that they are on lots and being seen in real life. I am not saying they that it couldnt have looked better, but its not the crisis that many would make it out to be (most of those were not going to buy a GM anyway). I do think the interior will get upgraded in the HD before to long as the 1500 upgrade is already enroute.

I actually tried the side bed step and I'm 6'3" and thought the step was too high. Having a drop down step or even having a longer cab step extend to the front of the rear wheel would be easier to use.

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
I should have, in my post about my test drive, that the height of the bed sidewalls is lower. This should give us 5th wheel towers more adjustment to pin box height. The bed and overall truck are now longer to get more volume to counter the reduced depth of the box.
Gloria & Tom::R
Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Duramax
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

Those side steps on the 2020's have value if you work out of one. Take a look at any truck that someone works out of and look at the side of the bed. You will notice scratches from coat zippers and people dragging things across the tops of the bed rails that inevitabily slide down the outside. Why? Because they cant reach over the bed to the bottom of the deck to grab things, and they dont want to crawl in the bed to from the back to get it. The step on the side is a great feature, I am not crazy about the look of it. However there is no doubt it serves a practical purpose. At the end of the day for me, that is what matters. Just as a general unscientific observation, the internet objection about the looks has softened now that they are on lots and being seen in real life. I am not saying they that it couldnt have looked better, but its not the crisis that many would make it out to be (most of those were not going to buy a GM anyway). I do think the interior will get upgraded in the HD before to long as the 1500 upgrade is already enroute.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Bert_Ackerman
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

Bottom line, I do not believe anyone cares what your opinion is, and I highly doubt you're going to sway someones purchase decision.

As to your specific comments. Based on the Ford emblem and "built ford proud" in your signature, how could anyone expect otherwise in a thread focused on Chevrolet.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Looked at a 2020 Silvy HD in person finally. Still think the mirrors and grille/headlights are as unattractive in person as in pictures.
It does look though like they tried to emulate the mid 60s front clip with the overhanging hood and high mount turn signals. And from the hood to the the signals it looks kinda cool. Below that they let the Griswold look take over unfortunately....

To GM and all the mfgs credit, there are now soooooooooo many vehicle designs, present and past and so many different models of everything on the road today that it has to be hard to make a fresh look that no one has seen before and doesn't look like it was stolen from a hupmobile or Edsel.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Of course it cost a couple hundred bucks, but a nice wrap of clear bra will take care of the paint chips. FWIW, the paint on body color parts is generally more durable than the argent base model painted bumpers. Still a concern nonetheless.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold