cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Great tool

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
I bought one of these a year or so ago and it has came in really handy in the RV. It's called a molly bolt tool.
https://youtu.be/e3hjzPNe5wk?t=303
5 REPLIES 5

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
No dry wall in our Newmar.
We've yet to have a cabinet hardwire failure.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The only place I can see a use for that tool is in a production environment when there's a lot of molly anchors to install. For occasional use, I have a little stamped metal spanner tool that came with a package of mollys years ago. It has two small tabs that are useful when the anchor wants to spin instead of setting the points. It probably cost all of a nickel to make.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
jkwilson wrote:
Iโ€™ve never had the slightest problem anchoring them with a screwdriver. Looks like a solution in search of a problem to me.

I would have to agree. I have had a couple of them spin in the hole in the last 40 years. Not enough of an issue to send me tool shopping and I do love buying new tools ๐Ÿ™‚
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™ve never had the slightest problem anchoring them with a screwdriver. Looks like a solution in search of a problem to me.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73