cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refrigerant Fill Port

kioticoachman
Explorer
Explorer
Dear Friends ... Can someone direct me to Where is the LP Refrigerant Fill Port on my 2001 Ford/Coachman - Catalina Sport E-350 Super Duty RV. Thank you very much! KK
10 REPLIES 10

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
kioticoachman wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Check the area behind and just above the engine battery for the low pressure A/C port. Some years and models have it there. Another spot sometimes used requires pulling the air cleaner to access the port while yet another spot is under the oil fill. If all else fails, you may have to run the lines to find it.

I should have mentioned the place to add R-134 recharge. But you are correct the Low Pressure A/C port IS just above the engine battery. Fairly easy to add A/C Pro recharge if needed. Thanks for taking the time to help to locate the LP A/C Port.

The first thing is to connect the hose and see what the pressure gauge reading is.

Apologize for the misleading assumption. I really don't think I will have to replace the refrigeration/cooling unit at this time.:) Thanks again! KK

Happy to help! ๐Ÿ™‚
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
larry cad wrote:
"LP" as in "low pressure", not "LP" as in "liquefied petroleum", the stuff in the tank that you use to cook food. Just a bit confusing.

Well, I had to do a lot of reading on exactly what "LP refrigerant" is and I think it is "propane"... the same quality of stuff you cook with. It's flammable. Here's one of the better web sites with information on it about the differences, pros and cons of using this stuff. And by the way ... this was a new one for me too! I'd never heard of this before until the OP made this post.

Click here.

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
"LP" as in "low pressure", not "LP" as in "liquefied petroleum", the stuff in the tank that you use to cook food. Just a bit confusing.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is back by the engine.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

kioticoachman
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Check the area behind and just above the engine battery for the low pressure A/C port. Some years and models have it there. Another spot sometimes used requires pulling the air cleaner to access the port while yet another spot is under the oil fill. If all else fails, you may have to run the lines to find it.

I should have mentioned the place to add R-134 recharge. But you are correct the Low Pressure A/C port IS just above the engine battery. Fairly easy to add A/C Pro recharge if needed. Thanks for taking the time to help to locate the LP A/C Port.

The first thing is to connect the hose and see what the pressure gauge reading is.

Apologize for the misleading assumption. I really don't think I will have to replace the refrigeration/cooling unit at this time.:) Thanks again! KK

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
goggle might show you,and how to charge it.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Absorption refers do not have a refill port. When it leaks the cooling unit has to be replaced.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
If I understand the questions, I don't believe there is a fill port for the refrigerant.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Refrigerant doesnโ€™t โ€œdisappear.โ€ Have you repaired the leak?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad