cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hellwig Sway Bars

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
I mentioned this over in the Class C section, but thought it qualify for here as well.

Our Class C simulated a small boat on a lake with large swells! You almost needed a “hit” of Dramamine before a road trip! 🙂 The Hellwig Sway Bars are not just for motor homes. If your tow vehicle exhibits more “body roll” than it should or your comfortable with.....consider the sway bar upgrade. It did wonders for ou E 450 chassis motorhome.

The DIY job, went faster and easier than I thought it would be, untill......I “sheared-off” the last (very last) bolt I was removing, on the bushing bracket on the rear bar. The fix for the broken bolt took longer than did the installation of the front sway bar. Clearance, and accessibility hindered the drilling and using an “east-out” to remove the broken bolt. I finally gave up, and drilled it out and “tapped” treads for a larger bolt.

We took a short, road trip (approx 180 miles) to test the new Sway Bars. The results were pretty astounding......I wish we’d done this 2 years ago! It “ ain’t no sports car”.....but is a lot more pleasurable to drive! “Try it......You’ll like it! 😉 memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl
1 REPLY 1

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I added a Hellwig sway bar to my Excursion as well. The latter X's had sway bars.