Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class C with only overhead bed

Idahokayaker
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all,

I'm hoping the community can help guide me in the right direction. Does anyone know of any smaller class C's (22-25 feet) that only have the queen bed overhead?

I do not need any additional space for permanent beds and would prefer the extra square footage of having the only bed be over the cab.

Thanks for your insight!
12 REPLIES 12

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 20 foot former rental Canadian Adventurer, made by Adventurer Manufacturing Limited headquartered in British Columbia with manufacturing in Yakima, Washington and dealerships across Canada.
https://www.fraserway.com/buy-an-rv/edmonton/specials/canada-wide-rv-clearance-edmonton

We have enjoyed our small class C for 11 years now.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Good thread. The thing I don't like about most class C RVs is that huge waste of space for what I'd call a quarter berth on boat. That undersized, wide open main bed to the back opposite the bathroom.

Eliminating that would make sooo much sene for couples, freeing up an incredible amount of room.

bobm253
Explorer
Explorer
I've always slept in the overhead bed, love it and prefer it over regular bed. There's plenty of room and very comfortable.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Idahokayaker wrote:
Hey all,

I'm hoping the community can help guide me in the right direction. Does anyone know of any smaller class C's (22-25 feet) that only have the queen bed overhead?

I do not need any additional space for permanent beds and would prefer the extra square footage of having the only bed be over the cab.

Thanks for your insight!

Scott,

Depending upon one's strict definition of what a "Class C" is - built on a van chassis or (also) built on a pickup chassis - this motorhome has it's cabover bed as the primary sleeping area:
http://www.tigervehicles.com/galleries/bengal-interior/
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
I once owned an 21 foot Fleetwood Jamboree that just had the overhead bunk. The dinette also converted to a bed if needed.
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
As DrewE mentioned the Cruise America Majestic 19G is a good choice but they are almost always sold out as soon as they hit the market.

There is another one that has come into this market,it is also a Former Rental

This one is from Canada,it is the Adventurer 19 RD. I think this is a nicer layout with the rear Dinette.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
If you want really small class C's, there are the ex-CruiseAmerica Majestic 19's. They tend to sell out pretty quickly when they become available for sale from the rental company, and in my opinion with good reason; nobody seems to be making anything quite like them elsewhere.

Idahokayaker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses! I'm good with only having the overhead bed. The limitations do not outweigh the advantages for me.

I"m hoping to find something similar to a 2000 Fleetwood Jamboree 23b. Spacious rear kitchen, ample storage, and 15k price range - they seem like a winner!

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 24'- 02 Itasca Spirt 24V. It had a rear dinette, and a nice couch that would pull out for a bed. but it had the bed over the cab, we referred to it as "The Crows Net". That is where we slept.
We liked that mh, but age has a way of catching up and when one needs to get up during the night.

Dusty

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
B4 you decide to only use the overhead bed make darn sure that your comfortable sleeping in it. Many would argue that it's a great bed for kids but not so great for large adults. Hope this helps.
Kevin

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
These class B units have murphy beds

https://leisurevans.com/build/

Idahokayaker wrote:
Hey all,

Thanks for your insight!
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago Trend 23B has a sofa bed and a power lift/lower bed also, I believe. NOTE: The Trend has been discontinued, so used may be your only option there.
If you're looking for short, perhaps a Winnebago Era with a murphy bed that would be out of the way until required. It's a Class B Van. Not real short, but close.
You can check their floor plans at Winnebagoind.com
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)