cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold N305x indicator lights not working

Batalnaker
Explorer
Explorer
I have a norcold N305x in my RV that seems to be working properly on both propane and electric however neither indicator is working. When on propane the flame ignites without issue, stays lit for an indefinite amount of time, the ammonia coils in the back are warm, and the fridge stays cold, however the white to green propane indicator never moves. I was assuming it was a thermocoupler problem but it's my understanding that would make the flame go out also. When the fridge is on AC power the ammonia coils are warm and the fridge stays cold however again the indicator light does not come on to show it is working. I have verified AC and DC power to the fridge and all fuses are good. Any ideas???
1 REPLY 1

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
AC Indicator....bad bulb
AC Indicator hot (black wire) comes off the AC Thermostat switch ...same place AC heater gets power
AC Indicator nutral (white wire) goes dirctly to terminal block...same place heater neutral goes to

DC flame meter is a function of thermocouple
Blue wire to selector switch goes to Flame Meter
Red wire from Flame Meter goes to ground connection on AC thermostat Switch
You know thermosouple is working cause gas vlave is staying open otherwise it woud trip if thermocouople wasn't generating current

See pg 13
N305 Manual
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31