cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snow.... ( British Columbia Hwy 97 North)

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
We went out on our Side X Side on Saturday in south eastern B.C. where we live. We got up to an elevation of 7000 ft and it was so cold we turned around and headed back down to lower elevations.
This morning a friend of mine who live in Fort Nelson sent me a message and said check the Hwy cams for Hwy 97 north.
I think Mother Nature is giving us a hint of whatโ€™s to co e very shortly.
This is what I found:

BC Hwy Web Cam :E
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks
8 REPLIES 8

Thanks Gary, I appreciate that.
We were 2 weeks at Wrights Beach 2 summers ago. Loved every minute of it. We were at the top, overlooking Skaha with our big back window and recliners. Smoke was a shame though...

We missed the Island last summer when I knocked the engine out of the truck.

Next summer we are talking 3 weeks, half north of Campbell River and half in Penticton. Nothing set yet. If we do I'll look you up for sure. Thanks for the offer!
๐Ÿ™‚
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
BobsYourUncle wrote:
Ahhhhh Gary, I hear you loud and clear on that one!
I graduated in Pen-Hi, got married in Penticton, had my daughters in Penticton, owned a business there, on and on it goes.

I love Penticton, would give anything to be back there again.

All my best buddies still live in Penticton and Kelowna, they all want me back there.

Hope I can pull it off one day. The price of buying a home is prohibitive....

It is, and that's a fact. Even Keremos is stupid money. Next time you are out this way, I have a curb you can call home. Power n water.

Gary
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Ahhhhh Gary, I hear you loud and clear on that one!
I graduated in Pen-Hi, got married in Penticton, had my daughters in Penticton, owned a business there, on and on it goes.

I love Penticton, would give anything to be back there again.

All my best buddies still live in Penticton and Kelowna, they all want me back there.

Hope I can pull it off one day. The price of buying a home is prohibitive....
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
BobsYourUncle wrote:
romore wrote:
Why is 3 months of winter so much longer than 3 months of summer?

Yeah, that's a very good observation!
I used to live in Penticton. Love the climate there and want to retire back in the Okanogan.
Been in Calgary since late '13, I hear ya on the short summer thing.
15 years ago I used to travel all over northern BC and Alberta building sunrooms. I would always have the TT behind me to live. Fort Nelson in summer, nice in the day but had to run the furnace at night, even in the summer.

Penticton is just plain out and out glorious. Peaches are just coming on..it's 30c...5 craft breweries, a zillion vineyads..on and on....

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
SideHillSoup wrote:
We went out on our Side X Side on Saturday in south eastern B.C. where we live. We got up to an elevation of 7000 ft and it was so cold we turned around and headed back down to lower elevations.
This morning a friend of mine who live in Fort Nelson sent me a message and said check the Hwy cams for Hwy 97 north.
I think Mother Nature is giving us a hint of whatโ€™s to co e very shortly.
This is what I found:

BC Hwy Web Cam :E

Just saw some live video on the Weather Network of that summer snow event out your way. Pretty cool, eh? (literally?)
Still thinking about heading up there beginning of September for a week or two. I've driven in snow my entire life. No big deal, if you know what to expect, and take reasonable precautions, and treat the weather with respect, always.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

romore wrote:
Why is 3 months of winter so much longer than 3 months of summer?

Yeah, that's a very good observation!
I used to live in Penticton. Love the climate there and want to retire back in the Okanogan.
Been in Calgary since late '13, I hear ya on the short summer thing.
15 years ago I used to travel all over northern BC and Alberta building sunrooms. I would always have the TT behind me to live. Fort Nelson in summer, nice in the day but had to run the furnace at night, even in the summer.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is why I moved to southern B.C. It was in the 30's Celsius, 90's for you southerners here yesterday. Why is 3 months of winter so much longer than 3 months of summer?

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
You just keep it up there!

I am not done with Summer yet. ๐Ÿ™‚
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....