cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Brattleboro, VT to Cooperstown, NY

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be driving this route in about a week. Looks like a fairly straight shot west. But is Hwy 9 across VT okay for a motorhome with toad? Looks pretty squiggly on Google maps.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara
4 REPLIES 4

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
Janss wrote:
Thanks for your responses (and the additional eating tips :)) Helps to know what to expect.

We just left there last week,as grandson played in week 10
Not many bad restaurants there at all...really super neat spot.I took 84 into NY,then picked up Rt 17
To MY 8 to I-88 to rt 28 ...take Rt 28 into Cooperstown think exit 13 off I-88 to miss the steep grades....C
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your responses (and the additional eating tips :)) Helps to know what to expect.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
May encounter lil more in way of steepness just east of Bennington. Just take it easy and you'll be ok. Once in NY or just around there, it becomes Rt7 and as you get closer Troy, it's all downhill w/ stop lights. Cross the Hudson and uphill till 87. If you have time and on a roadtrip w/ the toad, hit up Brooks BBQ in Oneonta. Also, was a bakery in Cooperstown on or near a corner that made some darn good coconut macaroons. Not cheap, but darn good.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
In my opinion it is OK. It's not an interstate, and it has some noticeable hills and curves and such, but it's nothing I would generally avoid with a motorhome. There are not many if any flat and straight east-west roads in Vermont.