Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: NEW TRUCK!!!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> NEW TRUCK!!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/19 02:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nickthehunter wrote:

Wow, in 45 plus years I never had to cash in my inestments to pay off a loan. All I had to do was make a monthly payment. The 10 years of earnigs I already got should cover that nicely. But I am enjoying your fairy tales. Actually, that's probably a misnomer. There must be another phrase that's used for fantastical tales of sudden catastrophic failure, immediate bankruptcy, and an eternity of poverty; all in the same day.
Hmmm... Millions of people lost homes, autos, buisinesses etc..... That wasn't a fairy tale. When practically everyone is all in, all the time, that is what can happen.

It is VERY hard to stay all in, when the market is tanking, when every bill that is due requires you to liquidate an investment at a loss to pay it....You yourself have said several times that if the market turned, you would simply pay off your loans.... That is easier said than done.

Even Warren Buffett keeps some powder dry.

Perhaps he is a fantastical guy as well.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2010 Palomino Sabre 30 BHDS
84 gal. Grey. 84 gal. Black
2 bathrooms, no waiting
2020 Silverado High Country CC DA 4X4 Big Dually.

nickthehunter

Southgate, MI

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/19 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We’re talking about paying off a loan on a truck vs. Paying cash. Losing a home or business has nothing to do with paying for a truck. But hey, don’t let the facts interrupt the story hour.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/19 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You guys are comical......reminds me of the grumpy old men movie.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

snarkee

canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/02/19 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From a post about ordering a new truck to losing vehicles and houses lmao

Congrats on the purchase

2020 GMC 2500hd 4x4 6.6 gas
2019 Rockwood Ultralite 2609ws

NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/02/19 01:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Always great to see another new truck on the road.
Congratulations!

Hammerboy

Zeeland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/19 02:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope to get a new truck next year, I don't think i'll post it here as ill get ridiculed. Only way you will know is when I change my signature[emoticon]

Dan

2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

RAS43

Littleton,CO

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/19 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hammerboy wrote:

I hope to get a new truck next year, I don't think i'll post it here as ill get ridiculed. Only way you will know is when I change my signature[emoticon]Dan

Everything was fine until page 2 when somebody mentioned financing, which is no ones business. Then it went downhill. Congrats to the OP for the new truck, and I'll say the same to you next year. [emoticon]

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/19 03:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hammerboy wrote:

I hope to get a new truck next year, I don't think i'll post it here as ill get ridiculed. Only way you will know is when I change my signature[emoticon]

Dan

Personally I have never felt the need to advertise to the world by broadcasting on a forum or other site such as Facebook, when I purchase something new. Its buying a vehicle for Christ's sake, hundreds of thousands of people do it day in and day out. Hardly a special event and not something I really care about. The OP ordered a new truck, good for him. How he pays for it is nobodys business.

troubledwaters

Potomac

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/19 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4ord wrote:

troubledwaters wrote:

You are not wrong. Over the last 9 years my investments have earned 8.59% average annualized return. I have several loans, the highest is 6.0%, and a few others at around 4.5%. I can pay them off anytime I want to; but why would I. I'm making more keeping my money invested.

Do you max out your debt to keep money invested in the markets or do you have some kind of rule or formula that you follow that prevents you from having debt on everything you own? Do you have any desire to be debt free at some point? There have been times that I have considered borrowing money against some of the real estate I own and investing the borrowed money into the stock market. Maybe from a financial perspective it's foolish not to? Once I start down that road I'm not sure where I'd stop.
4x4ord - I have enough money invested to cover my debts by about a factor of 10 to 1. That being said, I have taken out loans and kept my money invested when my investments were as little as 2 to 1. 3 or 4 to 1 would probably be my lower comfort range. I would not borrow money strictly to use it for investment purposes. But if I'm going to buy a car, RV, new deck for my house or whatever, I'll certainly take out a loan and keep my money invested whenever the interest rate gives me a beneficial spread. The last truck I bought was financed at 3.21%, that is certainly a pretty cushy spread.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/19 06:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some of you guys just continue to crack me up.

Who gives a ratzass how someone pays for their truck, their RV, their hot tub, or any other damm thing they want to buy. They don't owe you, me, or anyone else an explanation at all.

I don't care if you are someone who is a millionaire, or if you're someone who is barely making minimum payments. Its nunmydamnbusiness. I also don't care if you're the smartest investor in the world it matters not.

Someone will undoubtedly tell me "I must care, becuase Im commenting". No, Im commenting because all you self rightous people looking down on someone because they financed their vehicle. I do care enough to tell your self centered self you can KMA.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll be censored, but some of y'all really just need to STFU.

Congrats OP on your purchase. Im sure you will enjoy it for years to come.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> NEW TRUCK!!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.