cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rettroband

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
Just saw a Rettroband advertisement in the FMCA magazine. Does anyone have any experiences with this product?
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart
5 REPLIES 5

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
PandK wrote:
Had ours installed several months ago and have put about 2000 miles on the coach with them installed. No difference in handling etc.
Expensive yes but for us if it prevents one mishap will be worth the cost. Similar to insurance you hope you never need I guess.
Just thinking maybe if you save the aluminum rim and safety I guess it's the way you look at it. If it save you from being really hurt and age takes longer to regroup if ever. then it only take one time right never say never.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

PandK
Explorer
Explorer
Had ours installed several months ago and have put about 2000 miles on the coach with them installed. No difference in handling etc.
Expensive yes but for us if it prevents one mishap will be worth the cost. Similar to insurance you hope you never need I guess.
Paul and Karla
Jose, Tequila & Ella - Our Spoiled Rotten Chihauhuas
2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder Winchester 45'
2013 Chevy Traverse

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
RettroBand Video

IMO this is a sale hype video devoid of any technical info. It very well may work as advertised, but I personally still have questions.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
They are around $4,000 for the two front tires. It just sticks in my mind since we had a local couple in their class A experience a front tire blow out, wrecked and a fatality occurred. I don't let my tires get over 7-8 years old and never had a problem. But age isn't the only factor that can cause a blowout. Just thought the product was interesting.
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also saw it. Looks OK, but how many blow out have you had in your life. I have been Rving since 75 and have never had a blow out. I have had flats and tires go when traveling , but I assume that I do not let them stay on to the point that the tires get that bad. Could not find a price either. Our friends that have bigger RV than us have never had a blowout either. They also never let tires get to that point. There 45 foot are a lot heavier than our 40. I know that this did not help you. The cost and cost of putting them on plus the extra weight to balance would also have to be included in total cost. I will flag this and if we run into anyone that has them will post back. Good luck