cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish from DirecTV Conversion Coax Question

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
In the process of converting the Travlr, I see the LNB has 3 cables instead of one like the DirecTV. They are green, red and black. They connect to A,B, and C in the bottom of the turret. I thought I read somewhere that they need to be connected correctly to make everything work right. Can someone help with the connection sequence? Thanks. Chuck
10 REPLIES 10

srosa
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
chuckbear wrote:
TechWriter, Still not showing me the coax I ask about. They are coax FROM the LNB and not the coax into the RV. Chuck

See IRV2 thread.

The PDF instructions from an earlier post seem to say that the 3 coax cables from the LNB can be attached in any order:

โ€œAfter the bracket has been installed, connect and tighten the coaxial cables. These can be re-connected in any order, but port D should be left open. Install the provided F-cap on port D. The F-cap will not be used if converting from a SWM TRAVโ€™LER antenna.โ€

Hope this helps.
2018 DRV MS 38 RSSA
2017 Ford F-450 Lariat CC 4X4 DRW LWB

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, I guess I am installing the Dish Pro Plus since that is what Winegard sent me and I have an older dish. Chuck

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
chuckbear wrote:
TechWriter, Still not showing me the coax I ask about. They are coax FROM the LNB and not the coax into the RV. Chuck

See IRV2 thread.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
chuckbear wrote:
There are 3 coax from the LNB. As I said they are color coded black, green, and red. The ports are A, B, and C. My question again is what color needs to go to A? What color needs to go to B? What color needs to go to C? Richard, that post and diagrams do not answer my question. I really need some feedback from anyone that has done this as to how you made the connections. The connections from the base to the DPH42 switch is not an issue. I have that covered. Chuck

The three coax cables from the DISH Travler (A, B, and C) should be run inside your RV. Then they connect (in no particular order) to a DPH42 switch:

2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
Bill, There are 3 coax from the LNB. As I said they are color coded black, green, and red. The ports are A, B, and C. My question again is what color needs to go to A? What color needs to go to B? What color needs to go to C? Richard, that post and diagrams do not answer my question. I really need some feedback from anyone that has done this as to how you made the connections. The connections from the base to the DPH42 switch is not an issue. I have that covered. Chuck

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe this will help. There is a PDF in this link that should help you.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If there is only 1 coax (really small coax) in the arm between the base and and the coax then you should have been sent 2 additional thin coax cables. You do need 3 coax from the LNB to the top of the base (1 for each satellite) and then 3 connections from the base of the antenna to the Dish splitter.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
There is no owners manual and the installation instruction for the "conversion" do not really cover my question. I would appreciate a response from anyone that has done the DirecTV to Dish conversion on the Winegard Travlr. Chuck

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I'll be the first to ask.. do you have an owner's manual?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman