Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: What options?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> What options?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
cougar28

Lowell,AR USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/19 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What options do you have that you'll never do without again?
What options do you have that sounded good but that you hardly use?
As for me auto leveling is the greatest! I really like that option!!
Least thing is the grill in the outside kitchen. Now I like the kitchen for making my coffee and the small fridge but the grill will get little or no use.

2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

TXiceman

Full Time RVer

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/19 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Winegard Traveler satellite antenna, Splindide washer drier and dishwasher.
Mor/Ryde IS suspension system.

Ken

Amateur Radio Operator.
2013 HitchHiker 38RLRSB Champagne, toted with a 2012, F350, 6.7L PSD, Crewcab, dually. 3.73 axle, Full Time RVer.
Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/19 07:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cougar28 wrote:

What options do you have that you'll never do without again?
What options do you have that sounded good but that you hardly use?
As for me auto leveling is the greatest! I really like that option!!
Least thing is the grill in the outside kitchen. Now I like the kitchen for making my coffee and the small fridge but the grill will get little or no use.

Must Have options - Auto Level, 3rd AC, Heat Pump, Thermo pane windows, Full Body Paint, Electric Awning, Disc Brakes and Morryde IS System,

sounded good - Holding tank heating pads,

Outside Kitchen - Never had one, cannot comment on it.

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/19 07:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TXiceman wrote:

Winegard Traveler satellite antenna, Splindide washer drier and dishwasher.
Mor/Ryde IS suspension system.

Ken

Ken, Not to Hijack,

We are really contemplating the Trav'ler for next year.... We use the Pathway X2 now and want to be able to watch different Sats on different TV's... How much do you like it>

PNW_Steve

Pacific Northwet & cold

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/19 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cruise control in my TV....

Mine quit working yesterday. I didn't realize how much I use it until it went away...

2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/19 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our previous travel trailer had a storage door that opened and we could pull down a propane stove. It also had a small sink with a hot and cold faucet, with the blue coiled hose. I attached a garden hose sprayer to it. It was great for washing dishes outside.

Our 5er does not have a shower or faucet on the front. It does have a faucet in the wet bay on the back side. I can run a garden hose from there, under the trailer to the other side and use it that way, but it's not convenient. I miss the shower sink on the font side.

The other thing that we absolutely, absolutely, absolutely love with this 5er is the fact it has a door on each side of the camper ... front and back. After we added an electric awning over the back door, it's been the greatest change ever. We respect the distance on the back side of the 5er encroaching on the next campsite over by positioning the camper giving room to the back side. The real sweetness of the back door on the other side is it's functionality at home. At home, the back is the front, the front is the back. And if camped in some unusual designed campsites, it doesn't matter if we are forward or backward, both sides can be used as the front.

The self-leveling system is OK, but I've had my share of issues with it. After a year, I still have not mastered it's idiosyncrasies.

The residential refrigerator has sure simplified thing ... really!

Pretty much, everything else we did not like, I changed. For example, the shower has a mixer in it. But because of the mixer, the water never truly gets "hot". So, I pulled the faucet, reversed the pipes. Now, that single knob starts all HOT and the farther you turn it, the cooler it gets. Now... it's NEVER completely cold! I think that was the most frustrating thing about this 5er, but I solved that problem.

Other than that, very happy with it. I kind of wish the outside speakers were a little louder.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/19 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Must Have options - Auto Level, 3rd AC, Heat Pump, Thermo pane windows, Full Body Paint, Electric Awning, Disc Brakes and Morryde IS System,"

Only correction, remove "Heat Pump" and replace with CheapHeat!!!

To add to your list, Bosch 220V clothes washer, Whirlpool 220V Dryer, FischerPaykal Dishwasher and full size KitchenAid side by side refrigerator.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/19 07:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"Must Have options - Auto Level, 3rd AC, Heat Pump, Thermo pane windows, Full Body Paint, Electric Awning, Disc Brakes and Morryde IS System,"

To add to your list, Bosch 220V clothes washer, Whirlpool 220V Dryer, FischerPaykal Dishwasher and full size KitchenAid side by side refrigerator.

And you call this camping? LOL

Slide toppers, Maxx air covers, Full size Fantastic fans IPO the little chinzy ones, air ride pin box (your choice), power cord reel if 50A, 2nd awning if avail, Sailun tires if 110psi, wet bolts and at least Mor-Ryde CRE 3000 susp upgrade..

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/19 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Storage; as much as the manufacturer can get into the rig.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/19 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

agree the side by side is a great addition to glamping, Our last Redwood had the Fischer-Paykal, this one has a Dehco, wife loves it so much better!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> What options?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS