cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alignment shop recomendation Nashville area

seedhay
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a recommendation for a good rv alignment shop in the Nashville area, perhaps even into Lexington, Bowling Green KY area as were on the move from Canada, looking to align a Ford e450, have had 2 in he last year , they are getting better but I,m looking for someone that understands and can correct the Ford e450 wander problem that plagues so many motorhomes, I drove a uhaul last week and it steered great. I've checked out quite a few of the posts on this site and it seems the tech person doing the alignment on these fords is an important part of the job and I would like to find the best heart surgeon!!!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Seedhay
6 REPLIES 6

seedhay
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Harvard

I already have the offset sleeves ( guy put them in 2 adjustments ago ). But he had it toed out a long way. It would dive left or right terribly. Second alignment they did a lot better but I did not know about the 5 degree part so could not advise them on it. Itโ€™s pretty good but in wind or to pay turbo road it can play you out. Iโ€™ve got 40 years experience in big trucks and equipment and have driven a lot of bad rigs. My tolerance level is pretty high for bad steering. I would like my wife to be able to drive this unit and right now Iโ€™m not sure she would enjoy it
Thanks for the help

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
seedhay wrote:
Thanks for the replyโ€™s
Harvard. I had read your posts and they are of great help but Iโ€™m confused. In one of your posts you said this
โ€œโ€โ€ Quote If you are not a DIY owner I would suggest you purchase a set of INGALLS 594 Camber/Caster sleeves then make an appointment with an alignment shop. Be very specific in your instructions asking them to install these sleeves SET TO 0.0 Degrees CAMBER and +2.0 Degrees CASTER then align the TOE IN to be within TOE spec while accepting the resulting CAMBER and CASTER AS IS! Trust me, it will be well worth the effort IF you own a wandering E350/E450.โ€โ€ End quote

As Iโ€™m going to go to an alignment shop and tell them their business I would like to know. Are they to do the above process to set the toe in and then continue on for the caster to be set in the 5 range as you had outlined

If in doubt, at least insist on getting over +5 degrees caster AND explain to them you understand it will require different upper ball mount sleeves to do that.... The sleeves that come from the Ford assembly line are NOT adjustable.

The TOE must ALWAYS be set AFTER the CASTER and CAMBER are established.

All I did was set the adjustable sleeves to ADD +2.0 MORE CASTER and 0.0 CAMBER, then I adjusted the TOE. I ended up with 2 more degrees of caster and the camber was the same as it was before I started. At the time I did that I had no idea of how this meddling may turn out. It was just a stroke of luck that it was exactly what my wandering problems needed.

seedhay
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replyโ€™s
Harvard. I had read your posts and they are of great help but Iโ€™m confused. In one of your posts you said this
โ€œโ€โ€ Quote If you are not a DIY owner I would suggest you purchase a set of INGALLS 594 Camber/Caster sleeves then make an appointment with an alignment shop. Be very specific in your instructions asking them to install these sleeves SET TO 0.0 Degrees CAMBER and +2.0 Degrees CASTER then align the TOE IN to be within TOE spec while accepting the resulting CAMBER and CASTER AS IS! Trust me, it will be well worth the effort IF you own a wandering E350/E450.โ€โ€ End quote

As Iโ€™m going to go to an alignment shop and tell them their business I would like to know. Are they to do the above process to set the toe in and then continue on for the caster to be set in the 5 range as you had outlined

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link to our experience, circa 2010, over 100,000 reads ago:
E450 Caster

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Tafa Truck Axle & Frame Alignment 1333 Foster Ave, Nashville, TN ...

They upgraded the axle on my TT. Very professional.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
I would look for a Ford Truck repair shop.