Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Dash AC
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Reno55

Pahrump

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/19 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 1999 Winne 37' coach. The engine is a Ford V-10. My situation is when we run the AC, it blows through the defrost vents at the windshield. I have selected the different positions on the switch and no changes. I have checked the vaccum lines and they are all connected except one. The one apparently provides the vaccum from the engine runs from the control to under the dash towards the engine. I have looked for qute some time and unable to locate it. Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sam Spade

North Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/19 04:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The damper "doors" are vacuum operated.
That loose hose likely IS your problem.
If you can't find where it goes, you need help from someone who knows.
Make some phone calls.....to RV dealers or Ford truck shops.

'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

kmb1966

Lake Charles

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/19 04:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reno55 wrote:

We have a 1999 Winne 37' coach. The engine is a Ford V-10. My situation is when we run the AC, it blows through the defrost vents at the windshield. I have selected the different positions on the switch and no changes. I have checked the vaccum lines and they are all connected except one. The one apparently provides the vaccum from the engine runs from the control to under the dash towards the engine. I have looked for qute some time and unable to locate it. Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem with mine. Tried so many things. So many technicians looked at it, never could correct it. Then I received some advice from a gentleman on this forum named Doug. He suggested the fix to be a separate 12 volt vacuum pump (like they have on diesel engines) be added. I was skeptical, but bought the pump (wasn't expensive) connected to a 12 volt source, and a dashboard switch. Turned the switch on when using the a/c. Vents worked perfectly from that point forward. Never had another problem with it.

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/19 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does the end of the disconnected line have part of a broken off connector in it? Do you see any plastic jugs under the dash with a small nipple that would fit the disconnected hose? You could maybe try starting the MH and see if you can hear a vacuum leak under the dash.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

KCFDCapt

At Home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/19 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your A/C unit defaults to defrost when there is no vacuum to the control. Find the inlet port on the control and work out from there. Check the loose hose when the engine is running to see if there is vacuum there. If so, there is your problem. Just find where to plug it in.

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/19 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As stated you have a vacuum leak or the tank has crack. My tank is located passenger side in front of the front wheel. If bad get one bigger if possible . Doug fix works great also. Usually just need to new hoses and replace them all and it good for many years.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/27/19 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The vacuum HVAC controls on our 2001 F53 quit a coupe of years ago, defaulting to just the defrosters as it should. I traced the failure to a rotted 2" long hose where the control hose runs to a 'Y' that connects to a vacuum canister located at the outside of the right hand frame rail just ahead of the front wheel. I cut a short section of spare fuel hose as a replacement and the controls are working properly now. I can take a picture of the location if you need it.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Reno55

Pahrump

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/27/19 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's the problem. I do not know where the line originates. The hose disappears to the right side under the dash. Only access to under the dash is at the insturment panel when I raise it up. No sign of the green line near the engine or in the front access panel. I will do some more probing. I have a trip planned next month down in the L.A. area next month and it will be hot driving down there.

Reno55

Pahrump

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/27/19 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch 12078. That would be great, I presume that the F53 and the F550 is the same setup. I will look for that canister today. Thanks.

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/27/19 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where did the f550 come in to play. RV use the F53 number.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.