cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Martha's Vinyard Visit

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Going to visit Martha's Vineyard Sept 20 to 24. Have our roundtrip RV passage booked on the ferry and we will be staying at the Martha's Vineyard Family Campground. I've lived in Massachusetts all my life but have never visited the "Vineyard". Any suggestions on special places to see and visit? We have a smaller RV (25ft)so parking shouldn't be a problem. As always all suggestions are appreciated.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
6 REPLIES 6

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did that trip 2 summers ago. Loved it! If you are a beach person and don't mind walking a bit to get there, Gay Head Cliffs was beautiful. Had a spot on the beach where the next person was not within 100 yards of us. Also really enjoyed taking the small ferry over the Chappaquiddick. Very secluded. Lots to do and very easy to get from bustling towns to secluded within 15-30 minutes. Enjoy!

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
honeymooned there 1976 great time. we were just talking on a street corner about canton and the lady next to us asked canton ohio, said yes she,s from akron. took us on a tour of the island.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
The Black Dog and Mad Martha's
The carousel in Oak Bluffs
The Old Whaling Church in Edgartown
South Beach - while your down that way, hop a scenic flight in the old biplane at Katama.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Worth a visit. the Black Dog
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
For me it would be the Jaws filming locations as well as the town. Always wanted to visit there.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We're big on bus tours for the first day at any location. Then you can revisit those locations that are of more interest. One memory I have is of the picturesque towns where the view is somewhat lessened by all of the above ground electric wires.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)