Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Replaced the door lock assembly...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Replaced the door lock assembly...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/19 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bordercollie - You are right we thoroughly enjoy the Springfield (aka the Torque Monster).

We are in Gallup on our way home to Tucson after an awesome week at Pagosa Springs riding many of Colorado's finest. Life is good.

[emoticon]

DavidandDayle

Guelph, Ont

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/19 09:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our door lock seized at the end of our last trip (the last overnight) and I nearly twisted the handle off the deadbolt. (2007 FourWinds)
Our dealer took it in and dismantled it, cleaned and regreased it. He said the it was filled with the solidest grease he'd seen. It now works easily and smoothly. My wife had never been able to use the deadbolt.

David and Dayle

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/19 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DavidandDayle wrote:

Our door lock seized at the end of our last trip (the last overnight) and I nearly twisted the handle off the deadbolt. (2007 FourWinds)
Our dealer took it in and dismantled it, cleaned and regreased it. He said the it was filled with the solidest grease he'd seen. It now works easily and smoothly. My wife had never been able to use the deadbolt.
I had to file the opening slightly for the dead bolt and door plunger to operate smoothly. In addition I lubricated the moving parts inside with graphite powder. Beside the door plunger breaking there is a white plastic part that reacts with the plunger that has broken on me twice. Lubing the assy to keep it operating smoothly helps it last longer.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Replaced the door lock assembly...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.