Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Replaced the door lock assembly...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Replaced the door lock assembly...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/19 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The door lock/latch assembly had been getting a little stiff lately and spraying it with some lube didn't help much. I tried to open it a couple of nights ago and something snapped and while the handle would pull out the door was firmly stuck shut. The cab doors were locked and of course my keys were inside... I do however keep a spare set in the cargo trailer so was quickly back in.

We are at the Pagosa Riverside campground in Pagosa Springs CO and they have a decent selection of RV parts and misc spares but alas no replacement door lock assemblies. No numbers on our old one but a quick trip to the internet and I was able to find the Trimark part number, T507 which includes the deadbolt.

The nearest RV supplies were 60 miles west in Durango at Tarpley RV and a call confirmed they had one in stock {$241} and would hold it for me. My bride and I jumped on our trusty Indian Springfield and had a great ride over to Durango. Two hours later we returned to our site and 45 minutes later {and after a bit of profanity} I finally managed to install it.

No instructions came in the box but by reverse engineering the removal of the old unit I finally figured it out, made a few adjustments to get everything lined up and it is working perfectly. The old one was going on 8 years old and had seen a lot of use and since I was able to replace it with a minimum of time and trouble I am once again the proverbial "Happy Camper!"

[emoticon]

* This post was edited 08/28/19 11:43am by Desert Captain *

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/28/19 11:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was it the Trimark door lock assy?

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/28/19 01:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good for you,helping out the local RV store even thou they padded the price by $100

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/19 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, the Trimark #T507 door lock/latch assembly with the deadbolt as well as the locking mechanism.

Could not care less about the price...{for the record they are $180 at Camping World} 520 miles from home and I had the part in my hands in an hour after an awesome motorcycle ride... and then we rode back.

[emoticon]

* This post was edited 08/28/19 01:22pm by Desert Captain *

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/28/19 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you got it fixed. Mine broke 3 times, in 15 years. The latch on mine was a cast zinc alloy and not very strong. When it snapped last year I made a steel plate to repair it rather than buy a third replacement. I under stand that the newer model, probably the one you bought has a machined steel plunger which should never break.

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/19 11:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

Glad you got it fixed. Mine broke 3 times, in 15 years. The latch on mine was a cast zinc alloy and not very strong. When it snapped last year I made a steel plate to repair it rather than buy a third replacement. I under stand that the newer model, probably the one you bought has a machined steel plunger which should never break.
Perhaps that's part of the higher cost. [emoticon]

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/19 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bukhrn wrote:

Gjac wrote:

. Yes that was my thought, the ones with the zinc alloy were about $100.

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/19 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I envy you with your new Indian Springfield. I have a '48 Chief that has not been run in 8 years due to knee replacement surgery. My wife won't "allow" me to ride the dinosaur-like Chief anymore at age 80 and still recovering. Will need to peddle my Chief (sob,sob).

Re: Tri-Mark lock assemblies, I have had problems with them but they yielded to lubrication and adjustment advice from Tri-Mark. Recently the bottom lock stuck intermittently. On a whim I tried my wife's key and lock worked normally. I had a copy of wife's key made and sticky problem was resolved.

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/19 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

bukhrn wrote:

Gjac wrote:

. Yes that was my thought, the ones with the zinc alloy were about $100.
Yup, that's what I paid for the last 2.

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/19 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ours broke twice. first it was under warranty, the second I bought an after market from a small parts place. built a little different, but is holding up and doing the job.

Dusty

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Replaced the door lock assembly...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.