cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tires

Bobbyg2013
Explorer
Explorer
I'm getting quotes for tires for my 26'TT for both 6 and 8 ply. The brand Master Track keeps coming up. Was quoted $325 OTD for 8 ply which seems very reasonable. Any comments or experience with this brand?
19 REPLIES 19

TravelinDog
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
TravelinDog wrote:
dadnjesse wrote:
I have always ran LT tires on my trailers. If you go over to the Montana Forums they recommend the Sailun's

Good for you. Many travel trailers including my own don't have room for LT truck tires which I would happily run if I had room.

The LT215/75-15 Goodyear Wrangler HT tires need only 3/8" more clearance than your ST205/75-15 tires.

The ST205/75/15 Goodyear Endurance actually has a higher load rating of 107 than tire you mention with a 106 rating. That's also $118 as compared to $142.
Just say no to the payload police :C

bnardini
Explorer
Explorer
I have have about 3,000 miles on a new set of Goodyear Endurance tires. So far so good! Haven't lost even one PSI yet.
Bill & Lori Nardini finally on the road!
2008 Tundra SR5 doublecab
2009 Jayco 31 RKS G2

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
dadnjesse wrote:
I have always ran LT tires on my trailers. If you go over to the Montana Forums they recommend the Sailun's

The 16" Sailun S637 load G were first sold as a LT tire for regional service trucks and trailers.
To save money on high tariff costs on P and LT tires, Sailun rebadged the LT tire to a ST.
I have a set of 6 Sailun load G 16" LT on my 36' 16k triaxle GN stock trailer.

Sailun S637 in a 16" or 17.5" is one of the best choices out here for heavy 5th wheel or GN trailers with 7k-8k axles.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
TravelinDog wrote:
dadnjesse wrote:

Good for you. Many travel trailers including my own don't have room for LT truck tires which I would happily run if I had room.

The LT215/75-15 Goodyear Wrangler HT tires need only 3/8" more clearance than your ST205/75-15 tires.

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm on the way to the tire place now to have a set of the Goodyear Endurance tires put on. Tires are one place I've never been comfortable going cheap. I had a 3 year old OEM chinese tire blow the last time out, and I'd had a feeling it was time to replace them.
I've read good things about the GY. I ran maxxis 8008 on my previous camper, and they were great, but unfortunately they don't make the size and load range I need on my current TT.

Just remember, quality tires are alot cheaper than repairing all of the damage a blown tire can do.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

TravelinDog
Explorer
Explorer
dadnjesse wrote:

Just say no to the payload police :C

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
My Coachmen TT came with Providers, I have no complaints at all. Three years on them and no problems.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Ride_S40T
Explorer
Explorer
Obviously every safety aspect of a tire is important. Be sure to check the load rating with the (C or D) tires that you may purchase since there are variants within the those load ranges. Anywhere from 103 to 108 which can be up to 600lb or more difference in load carrying. This, I didn't know until having a long talk with the tire shop. They were very versed in trailer tires.

We went to a 215 over the 205s that were on ours to gain around 600lbs (I believe) in carrying capacity. These new tires are .6 inch wider and just under an inch taller. Safe for operating as they exceed mfgr ratings and fit perfectly on the stock rims (they must to be safe). They should run cooler and we can carry 8200lbs on a TT that maxes at 7488 so they'll never really be "tested" to their max. Yeah, we went well over and above. The cost was the same as OEM Endurance tires (205's) and we have a little more piece of mind.

All that to say "you have options". Be sure to do your research and you can even reach out to the manufacturer. And of course there's plenty of wisdom here from those who've been in the game for decades.
2021 Grand Design 268BH
2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 SRW
Traveling K9s Diesel and Roger

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
dadnjesse wrote:

Good for you, but the OP likely has 14" tires because it's a little TT not a big Montana
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I had Maxxis M8008 and now Carlisle HD. I am happy with both and tow at 70mph.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

dadnjesse
Explorer
Explorer

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
The only ST tires I would recommend is the..

Providers
Goodyear Endurance
Carlisle HD

In that order.
These are the new gen higher speed rated ST class tires.
The Providers have been out since the '10 era and have the time and miles and have a good service record.
Endurance...made in the USA and has been out 2-3 years now and is popular. No issues so far.
Carlisle HD....its also been out around 2-3 years and no bad reports so far.

Master Track ?? From the looks of the tread pattern its another of the many off brand name ST class tires out here.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Moved from Forum Posting Help and Support

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, get LR Ds and a 81 mph speed rating. And your post is fine...no help or support needed.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad