cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Northern Lite truck to camper cord

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new 2019 10-2 after leaving the dealer I thought I would double checked the lights. I had running lights, turned on the flashers they worked so I thought I had brake and turn signals. I was stopped by the highway patrol seems like every time I hit the brake the back up lights came on. This has been the never ending story of Northern Lite annoying problems. I was trying to find out from Northern Lite if there was a dealer or repair shop I could take the R.V. to that was closer than 400 miles. Here is Northern Lite's response "THIS IS NOT SOMETHING WE ARE INVOLVED WITH" . This is comforting wonder what the something is that they are involved with. Anyway, I have a 07 GMC, (you know the camper a 2019 Northern Lite 10-2) I have a factory trailer hitch and a factory plug in for a trailer if you have suggestions please help as it is, we are stuck not able to hit the road, I did get the camper home but sure need help with how to wire up everything.
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low
45 REPLIES 45

markchengr
Explorer
Explorer
K5kid, you can raise and lower it with the handcrank on each jack, one at a time. Just be careful to do it somewhat evenly on each corner. -Mark.

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
I fixed that problem myself the factory told me it was a dealer problem
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

JRJR
Explorer
Explorer
The remote has batteries inside of it and if they are dead it will not work. I know this from experience.

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
findthe control box of hjs , unplug power30 seconds aprox then reconnect this will do a reset on some models also I seem to rember holding down the left and right side buttons down together at the same time for around thirty seconds will also do a reset and

rv net discussion lin

all hj users should see this answers to your problem are on this video
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

2_Piece
Explorer
Explorer
well the jacks worlk off the house battery/batteries so make sure your battery or batteries are fully charged. then you could check happijack on how to reset the remote.
2018 F350 6.7 diesel, 4x4, DRW, crew cab, 8' box.
2018 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE.

Those that do not read have no advantage over those who can not.

K5kid
Explorer
Explorer
Cool thank you. I’ve called northern lite but they were closed so I’m waiting for a call back. And I searched happijac and turns out i do have a wireless remote.. guess I gotta figure out why it’s not working. Thanks again

2_Piece
Explorer
Explorer
you might be able to find something on youtube? search happijac. i think the wireless remote can be used with a patch cord to the control board.

2_Piece
Explorer
Explorer
for best info i would call Northern Lite. They would know how old your camper is and if it had wireless remote or a wired remote.

K5kid
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I own a northern lite 10-2exrr dry bath camper and need to remove it off my truck. My dad purchased it a few years back and he recently passed away. I need to remove it, and have the remote to lower the jacks but am unsure how to do it. I believe I need a wire to plug it in? I’m at a loss and need it off ASAP, so if anyone has suggestions or knows anything that would help I’d greatly appreciate it

Homeless_by_Cho
Explorer
Explorer
2 Piece wrote:
Excellent!So sorry you had that mess! Glad you are on your way now.

X2

Safe Travels,
LeRoy
Homeless by Choice
FULL TIMER since 2012
2015 Chevy 3500, Duramax, 4X4, DRW, Crew cab, Long bed
2013 Northern Lite 8'11"Q Sportsman truck camper
2015 Polaris RZR Side by Side

djg
Explorer
Explorer
Just for any ones info I use a johnson bar and push the brake down and wedge it up against the seat walk back and check the lights I check tires and lights every morning before I drive away.

Dave
2015 Livnlite Camplite TC10
1995 Ford F-350 dually 7.3 Diesel

2_Piece
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent!So sorry you had that mess! Glad you are on your way now.

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
we are finally good to go local mechanic said the problem was behind the plug on the camper I was not there and could care less what it was as long as it works like it should and it does now and we are using the twenty foot cord the undercoating and bedlinen coating made it hard to find a good ground on the plug up front and since I brought him the long cord that is where he put it the back bumper. We are making plans to get on the road hopefully by the weekend.

2_Piece
Explorer
Explorer
Well I'm very glad you are getting things worked out! Sounds more like the dealer dropped the ball on this one. I sure hope Dave (one of the owners of D&H) steps up and makes this right for you. I too bought my 10-2 from D&H but at the Appex location. I had them deliver the camper, it was cheaper that way.I have only had two minor problems with my 10-2, one was like yours. After setting several months this past winter my Happijacs would not work either. Called Kieth at Northern Lite, he had me check the light on the board and it was not on. He had me unplug the power lead going to board and put it back on after a few seconds. It worked, it reset the board and have not had any problems since.
I'm just as interested as you are in how did your board get wet? It's in a pretty protected area. You dont think you have a tank or maybe a plumbing leak....I certainly hope not. Becareful with that 20' cord, I have enough worries trying to keep my 12' cord from getting under the camper while I put and lower camper on truck.
Thank you for updating and please let us know if the cord fixes the taillight issues.