Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Northern Lite truck to camper cord
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Northern Lite truck to camper cord

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
devildog1971

Rome

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/04/19 10:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My leg was not long enough to push brake pedal while truck is in reverse and then look at the lights at the same time. one other problem`the week before I bought the camper it had not rained at the dealership and it has not rained on the way home and still has not rained. before we left the sales lot the dealer had the camper washed they put the camper on the truck. When I got home I was going to take the camper off the truck, the remote did not work the dealer had me try and jump the circuit breaker, that did not work. called Lippert, HappiJac they had me check the board no light that should have been on but there was water in the enclosed area where the holding tanks and the circuit board is located. I do not know how water got in that compartment maybe when it was being washed the door was not latched but apparently the water shorted out the board. HappiJac was happy to send me a new board I paid the shipping. A drawer the dealer was suppose to fix because it would not stay shut when the truck moved with the camper on it, I fixed the drawer at home, when we inspected the camper the carpet was rolled up after we had them roll up the carpet because I have a basset hound there was a scratch in the vinyl just saw the carpet was rolled up I did not enter the camper again until I was about 200 miles away from the dealer. I started the generator the propane smell was almost like unburnt propane, the one propane tank went empty in twenty minutes. After I parked the camper on the way home I moved the curtain by the window that is right behind the rear window on the truck what I saw was a stream of dried glue about 4 or 5 inches long. yes there were a couple other small problems which are my problems now. The new dealership in Jacksonville Fl does not yet have repair men on site the dealer (owner) told me that The dealer is sending me a ambilical cord 20 foot long, because the factory installed 7 pin connecter checked out perfectly on the truck, the one in the front left side of the bed does not have a good ground. I hand cranked the camper off the truck at home after I got home ,remember bad board,(98 degrees that day) I needed the truck. So when the cord arrives the truck pins are correct so if there is a problem we then know it is in the camper. Thank all of you who were objective and for those who were sarcastic Thank you for your sarcasm and no help

2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

Z-Peller

Oceanside BC

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/19 11:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Devildog1971 wrote:

Quote:

My leg was not long enough to push brake pedal while truck is in reverse and then look at the lights at the same time

A trick someone posted on this forum a while back, is to set your cell phone on something behind your truck and have it recording video so you can test your lights then play back to see what is happening.....I use cell phone pics and video to check a lot of things that I cannot see now....

Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...

2 Piece

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/05/19 04:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I'm very glad you are getting things worked out! Sounds more like the dealer dropped the ball on this one. I sure hope Dave (one of the owners of D&H) steps up and makes this right for you. I too bought my 10-2 from D&H but at the Appex location. I had them deliver the camper, it was cheaper that way.I have only had two minor problems with my 10-2, one was like yours. After setting several months this past winter my Happijacs would not work either. Called Kieth at Northern Lite, he had me check the light on the board and it was not on. He had me unplug the power lead going to board and put it back on after a few seconds. It worked, it reset the board and have not had any problems since.
I'm just as interested as you are in how did your board get wet? It's in a pretty protected area. You dont think you have a tank or maybe a plumbing leak....I certainly hope not. Becareful with that 20' cord, I have enough worries trying to keep my 12' cord from getting under the camper while I put and lower camper on truck.
Thank you for updating and please let us know if the cord fixes the taillight issues.

2018 F350 6.7 diesel, 4x4, DRW, crew cab, 8' box.
2018 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE.

Those that do not read have no advantage over those who can not.

devildog1971

Rome

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/19 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we are finally good to go local mechanic said the problem was behind the plug on the camper I was not there and could care less what it was as long as it works like it should and it does now and we are using the twenty foot cord the undercoating and bedlinen coating made it hard to find a good ground on the plug up front and since I brought him the long cord that is where he put it the back bumper. We are making plans to get on the road hopefully by the weekend.

2 Piece

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/19 03:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Excellent!So sorry you had that mess! Glad you are on your way now.

djg

Caledonia, On

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/19 04:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just for any ones info I use a johnson bar and push the brake down and wedge it up against the seat walk back and check the lights I check tires and lights every morning before I drive away.

Dave

2015 Livnlite Camplite TC10
1995 Ford F-350 dually 7.3 Diesel

Homeless by Choice

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/19 05:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 Piece wrote:

Excellent!So sorry you had that mess! Glad you are on your way now.

X2

Safe Travels,
LeRoy

Homeless by Choice
FULL TIMER since 2012
2015 Chevy 3500, Duramax, 4X4, DRW, Crew cab, Long bed
2013 Northern Lite 8'11"Q Sportsman truck camper
2015 Polaris RZR Side by Side

K5kid

La mirada ca

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/20 05:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello, I own a northern lite 10-2exrr dry bath camper and need to remove it off my truck. My dad purchased it a few years back and he recently passed away. I need to remove it, and have the remote to lower the jacks but am unsure how to do it. I believe I need a wire to plug it in? I’m at a loss and need it off ASAP, so if anyone has suggestions or knows anything that would help I’d greatly appreciate it

2 Piece

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/20 05:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

for best info i would call Northern Lite. They would know how old your camper is and if it had wireless remote or a wired remote.

2 Piece

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/20 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you might be able to find something on youtube? search happijac. i think the wireless remote can be used with a patch cord to the control board.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Northern Lite truck to camper cord
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.