Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first post - I'm new to trailers and need some input

atexintx
Explorer
Explorer
I need some help on estimating travel expenses and more -
I’m a bean counter by profession and cash flow projections are my expertise and, yet, I need some input for estimating some expenses based upon the assumptions below:
Assumptions:
I’ll be pulling a 16’-17’’ trailer with my 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan, GTW=3,600 lbs.
This limits me to a trailer empty weight of about 2,900 lbs.
I plan to travel alone except for my Chihuahua.
We plan to live in our trailer year round, traveling about 18-25 days each month with some mountain traveling but flat land otherwise.
My Caravan normally gets about 28 mpg on the road; otherwise about 18 mpg around town.
I’m expecting to get about 10 mpg? pulling my trailer.
Questions:
(I know the answer to most of these may be “it depends” in which case just assume “a little bit of this and a little bit of that” (if this makes any sense).
1. How much extra per year can I expect to pay for trailer vehicle expense? I’m with State Farm for the Caravan.
2. What can I expect to pay per night on average for overnight camping while traveling our great highways and byways (Remember – I know “it depends” – but …).
3. Where and how would I find cable and Internet connections – (1) most every camping spot, (2) some camping spots, (3) a few camping spots?
4. Are there any “best practices” when it comes to being on the electric/Internet grid as we travel?
5. How much can I expect to pay per month for cable and Internet (I have a telephone and Internet-based business)?
6. If I’m in an area with spotty cell phone reception, would a phone system like OOMA be a good option? Otherwise, I use Skype.
7. Would AT&T help me with options for doing quick charges on my cell phone that does not require electricity (or is there any such thing).
8. Will I be using a generator for my electricity if I don’t have a hook up? I understand that solar panels may be a smart way to go.
9. Are fresh water fill-ups included in the cost of overnight camping?
10. Do most camping spots have fresh water fill ups?
11. Is the cost of electricity included in the cost of overnight camping?
12. It appears to me that overnight hookup charges may be the biggest expense while traveling 80% of the time on the road. Correct?
13. Is it difficult to find camping spots where one can camp for 30 days or so?
14. Is it realistic to think that if I’m in a town or city I can park on a side street for several nights. Would this be a matter of knowing local city laws?
15. Is the best way to buy a used trailer (if one becomes available) only from a dealer or would buying from an individual be okay too?
16. If I purchase a used trailer from an individual, what due diligence should I do over and above what I’d do with a dealer?
17. What would be the best type of dunnage (packing cushion to protect dishes, supplies, etc. while moving?)
18. Is there any value in having a short wave radio? What would that be?
19. I’m concerned about camping in a flash flood area and want to know which is the best way to be alerted on this.
20. I might do some camping in California some day and I understand they only provide an online reservation system. Is it a hassle to camp in CA?
21. I do plan to travel the Great Plains and Mountain West, the Midwest and maybe the Deep South – Any particular region better than the other? (As a kid, we tent camped in Jackson Hole, Colorado, Rapid City, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota).

First one to answer most of these will get either a six pack of Bud Light or 3 pints of Hagen Daz ice cream emailed to them (if I can).

John
fbtstudies@gmail.com
El Paso Texas
16 REPLIES 16

happy2rv
Explorer
Explorer
I’ll be pulling a 16’-17’’ trailer with my 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan, GTW=3,600 lbs.

There are many factors to consider other than just gross weight. You have to be comfortable with what you tow and many RV dealers will tell you what they think you want to hear. Spend some time educating yourself on all factors of towing and then decide if you really want to tow with your vehicle. Personally, I wouldn't tow with a caravan.

We plan to live in our trailer year round, traveling about 18-25 days each month with some mountain traveling but flat land otherwise.

If you are going to be traveling that much, I would put serious thought into what you are towing with as well as what you are towing. Again, personally I REALLY wouldn't want to do ANY mountain towing with a Caravan.

This will depend on a lot of factors. Especially terrain involved and what is being towed. I average between 11-14 MPG with a RAM 1500 towing ~8000lb 35' travel trailer on relatively flat terrain.

1. How much extra per year can I expect to pay for trailer vehicle expense? I’m with State Farm for the Caravan.

Assuming you're referring only to insurance here, usually trailer's liability insurance is covered under the towing vehicle's policy and I don't recall there being a premium increase for that liability coverage. We carry replacement coverage on the RV to cover the RV and its contents. Our auto carrier didn't offer coverage for travel trailers so we had to go through a different insurance company for that. The cost for full coverage will vary based on the purchase/replacement cost for the RV among other factors.

2. What can I expect to pay per night on average for overnight camping while traveling our great highways and byways (Remember – I know “it depends” – but …).

You're quite right it depends. It can vary from free to way over $100 per night. Typical full service campgrounds in non-touristy areas probably average around $30-35 per night on a nightly basis. This can be cut considerably in a number of ways.

First, if you are going to stay for weeks or months at a time, many campgrounds offer extended stay rates. Many campgrounds will switch from all inclusive to metered electric charged separately for extended stays.

Another method to reduce rates while still staying at full service campgrounds is to look into camping memberships. Passport America offers 1/2 price stays at numerous campgrounds with certain limitations. These limitations range from length of stay to no weekends to no holidays, etc... Passport America is around $50 / year. There are also the timeshare type memberships like NACO/Thousand trails where you purchase an expensive membership and get "free" or significantly reduced camping rates at their participating "resorts". For some people these make sense, but again you would have to do the research to determine if those are cost effective and/or available in the areas you want to visit. State parks offer some really beautiful and often cost effective campgrounds. Many small towns have city parks or fairgrounds that offer cost effective camping.

If you are willing to boondock (camping without hookups) you have many additional options. Many boondocking opportunities are only suited to a night or two. Again there are memberships like Harvest Host that I'm told have some really unique and truly worthwhile host sites. Many small towns have city parks that have free boondocking sites, often with limitations on how long you can stay and other rules. Especially in the west, there are boon docking opportunities on various federally owned lands.

Finally there's parking opportunities. Walmart, Cracker Barrel, Cabelas, or other parking lots that allow overnight parking where not prohibited by city ordinance. This isn't really camping, but is an option for getting sleep without having to pay for a campground while traveling from one destination to another.

3. Where and how would I find cable and Internet connections – (1) most every camping spot, (2) some camping spots, (3) a few camping spots?

Most commercial campgrounds have some form of internet available and included in their nightly rate. Many have cable TV but alot don't. The internet tends to be hit or miss with alot of miss. If you have a business need or any real requirement for reliable internet, get your own unlimited wireless data from a reliable cell carrier. Most current smart phones are capable of wifi tethering with the right cell plan.

Obviously any of the boon docking options would not have either available. Most state and city park campgrounds also don't offer cable or internet.

4. Are there any “best practices” when it comes to being on the electric/Internet grid as we travel?

Always check the power with some type of circuit validator before plugging in. The easiest way to do this is get a surge suppressor that has power validation built in and plug it in before plugging your RV in. Turn the breaker off when plugging in and then turn it back on after you plug in.

With respect to internet, see comments above. Make sure you maintain a good host based firewall and anti-malware/anti-virus suite.

5. How much can I expect to pay per month for cable and Internet (I have a telephone and Internet-based business)?

This isn't really RV specific. You should have a good cellular service now and I wouldn't expect it to be significantly more or less unless there are additional requirements while traveling. Make sure you carrier has coverage in the areas you intend to travel. A lot of state parks and federal lands won't have decent cellular coverage. If it's imperative to your business, you may need to have reliable coverage through multiple carriers.

6. If I’m in an area with spotty cell phone reception, would a phone system like OOMA be a good option? Otherwise, I use Skype.

I would not expect ANY campground internet service to support internet based telephony. If cellular isn't available, you're pretty much out of luck. Maybe satellite phone service, but that's going to get really expensive...

7. Would AT&T help me with options for doing quick charges on my cell phone that does not require electricity (or is there any such thing)

As already suggested, I don't think AT&T will be of much help here. You will have 12v available in your car for car chargers. Your RV has 12V battery(ies) for when you're boon docking and you could have a power outlet installed if one isn't already available. While in campgrounds you will have access to 110V. You can look to Amazon or other sources for solar powered chargers, but I don't think most of them would qualify as quick.

8. Will I be using a generator for my electricity if I don’t have a hook up? I understand that solar panels may be a smart way to go.

Most travel trailers don't have factory installed generators. You can get inverter generators from a number of sources but then you have to consider how you are going to haul it and how to handle gasoline or propane. Boon docking usually means going without AC power. This means running the lights off of the battery(ies) along with the furnace if needed and the refrigerator. It also means no air conditioning, microwave, or other AC powered appliances. Most traditional RV refrigerators work on gas and 12V controls. Some newer trailers come equipped with "residential" refrigerators that only work off of 110V. These are powered by an inverter while not plugged into shore power. But the inverters are power hungry and two deep cycle batteries will only keep the refrigerator going for maybe 8-10 hours. Solar power will let you extend boon docking by helping to keep the batteries charged. But there is a lot of research to understand what your requirements are and whether a Solar set up can meet your needs, especially in the size and weight constraints you have defined.

You need to understand the refrigerator technology that is installed in trailers you are considering. There are advantages to each type of technology. I have a residential refrigerator in my current trailer and don't think I will ever go back to a traditional RV refrigerator. But I don't boon dock.

Any commercial campground should minimally provide water and electric. Filling your tanks should be considered normal usage. Most will provide sewer at each site, but some will have a centrally located dump station.

Again boon docking means no services. Many interstate rest areas provide sewer dump sites. Many Flying J truck stops offer dump stations. Many cabelas sporting goods stores also offer dump stations. Some offer potable (drinkable) water for fill ups as well. I'm not sure if cabelas charges or not but rest areas are free.

As noted above, if you are staying at a commercial campground they should. If you aren't staying at the campground they may offer services at a fee or may not offer them at all.

Covered in answer to #2 above.

12. It appears to me that overnight hookup charges may be the biggest expense while traveling 80% of the time on the road. Correct?

Assuming you stay in commercial campground all the time, possibly. You can easily spend more on food and entertainment than campground fees. Also, depending on how long you stay put. You can definitely easily spend more on a day of fuel for your tow vehicle than the cost of a night Passport America campground. If you travel constantly, fuel and maintenance will probably be your biggest expense. If you stay put for long(ish) periods of time that balances out.

Very location dependent and also cash dependent. It is next to impossible, unless you have a relative with land, to find free camping for 30 day stints. It is very easy in much of the country to find extended stay campgrounds that offer monthly rates. I would say it would be next to impossible to find a 30 day spot in New York City, but who would want to? Having said that, the more desirable the area, the harder to find cost effective extended stay campgrounds.

14. Is it realistic to think that if I’m in a town or city I can park on a side street for several nights. Would this be a matter of knowing local city laws?

I would say extremely dependent on local laws. I think most areas would frown on multiple night street parking. However, as noted above, a lot of small towns and some big ones have parks or fairgrounds with free or low cost boon docking or even full service (not usually free) campgrounds.

15. Is the best way to buy a used trailer (if one becomes available) only from a dealer or would buying from an individual be okay too?

I believe you will find far better deals from private sellers, but either way you really need to know what to look for in a used RV.

16. If I purchase a used trailer from an individual, what due diligence should I do over and above what I’d do with a dealer?

Do your research on what to look for. Signs of leaks, de-lamination, working appliances, etc... When you find one you're serious about consider having it inspected by a reputable RV tech.

17. What would be the best type of dunnage (packing cushion to protect dishes, supplies, etc. while moving?)

Our glass ware was boxed with cardboard inserts between them when we bought them. We keep these in between when traveling but I wouldn't be too worried about most things. If you want wine glasses, consider plastic or silicone instead of fragile crystal or thin glass. Corning ware plates and bowls hold up well.

No RV specific value here.

19. I’m concerned about camping in a flash flood area and want to know which is the best way to be alerted on this.

I wouldn't knowingly camp in a flash flood area. As others have suggested weather radio and phone apps for weather are a good idea.

20. I might do some camping in California some day and I understand they only provide an online reservation system. Is it a hassle to camp in CA?
21. I do plan to travel the Great Plains and Mountain West, the Midwest and maybe the Deep South – Any particular region better than the other? (As a kid, we tent camped in Jackson Hole, Colorado, Rapid City, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota).

Haven't camped in California. Maybe some day. Online reservations aren't usually a problem and may be preferred to telephone reservations in many circumstances. There is beauty in every region of the country and I hope to be able to see a lot more of it soon. I've camped in much of the east coast, south east, and various parts of Wyoming and South Dakota. Each area has unique sights and activities and each is worth exploring.
2018 Forrest River Salem Hemisphere 282RK - 2017 RAM 1500 TV

Previous RVs and TOADS
2004 Fleetwood Bounder 32W on WH W20
2000 Four Winds 5000 21RB
1986 27' Allegro
TOADS
2005 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
2004 Suzuki Aerio
1988 Chevrolet Sprint

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Whew, that was exhausting just reading your list of questions. You might want to start a new thread for each couple of questions- I bet you get more responses. And certainly more thorough ones.

I will say that the Hawg Law is that you will get 'about' half your mileage when towing. And I agree with the others that youd be well served getting a heavier tow vehicle or a much lighter trailer.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
There's also plenty of dispersed camping in the national forests in Ohio, WV, and PA. Basically any state with a national forest or grassland will have dispersed camping. You can click the state here and get a list of forests for the state and then click through to the forest for the specific regulations around dispersed camping in that forest.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
2x on MI. We had a great time touring the upper peninsula. While we are not true boondockers, as we only stay a day or two before moving on to the next tourist area, it is a great camping option.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:

Public or open lands for open boondocking is very rare, if anything East of the Mississippi.

Just north of you, Michigan has hundreds of thousands of acres of state and national forest that are open to boondocking.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
While it is true that only you can determine the suitability of your van for pulling your rig. As indicated you will probably want to upgrade your tow vehicle.

As also mentioned the shell type TTs are an option but a bit more costly.

Here are the figures for our 8600 mile 58 day trip around AZ.

Total miles driven 8500, miles towing 5500. Average camp fee $27.00, average cost per day $89.00.

Our camping fees ranged from $45.00 plus, at full hook up parks to $10.00 for zero hookups in city parks etc. Out west we learned to keep our gas tank full and we carry and extra 5 gallons.

Our daily cost was for every thing, camping, groceries, gas, tourist attractions, souvenir, etc.

This was for two people and a large dog. When we retired we bought bought a 25ft. TT to tour the country. That was five years and 40,000 towing miles ago.

We come from a tent and wilderness canoeing background, so there is nothing in the RVing world that is much more than an inconvenience.

We found that after about 5 weeks on the road, it is about time to head for home.

Finally, you need to know how to change your TT and TV tires. You cannot depend on cell service to call Road Service in some part on the country.

Good luck.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

atexintx
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome feedback! Thank you all! I'm digesting the info - more later with fewer questions (maybe).

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
As 2012coleman stated, your tow vehicle will be you biggest limiting factor. If you are determined to stay with your van I would consider finding a used "fiberglass shell" trailer like a Casita.
Casita
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
atexintx wrote:

Assumptions:

The numbers, in theory, work. In practise you are pushing the envelope.

atexintx wrote:
I plan to travel alone except for my Chihuahua.

Some campgrounds do not allow pets.

atexintx wrote:
My Caravan normally gets about 28 mpg on the road; otherwise about 18 mpg around town.

That may be too optimistic. Towing occasionally is one thing. Doing it every couple of days requires "more vehicle" than you have.

atexintx wrote:

Anywhere from free, with services (electricity etc) to $100 per night.

atexintx wrote:

Cable may be rare, internet is some times available but may be so slow as to be unusable. Many of us now use our cell phones for data (internet access). I'd suggest getting both Verizon and AT&T.

atexintx wrote:

Yes. Always check polarity and voltage under load. If the RV has a 50 amp service an add on "top of the line" energy management system (surge protector) may be a wise addition.

atexintx wrote:

If you need drop dead service and unlimited data over $100 per month. However it is, in your case, a business expense.

atexintx wrote:

Ooma and other similar products rely on high speed data. You may not find that at campgrounds. I'd suggest investing in a top quality antenna and signal booster. About $600.00 one time cost.

atexintx wrote:
7. Would AT&T help me with options for doing quick charges on my cell phone that does not require electricity (or is there any such thing).

Most devices may be charged on the 12 volt system of the RV, with the proper adapter. No need to get AT&T involved.

atexintx wrote:

Using a generator may "eat your lunch". A good solar installation is a one time cost and 600 watts may cover all your needs, other than running the roof air. https://freecampsites.net/adding-solar/ may help. It may be cheaper to go to an inexpensive campground than to run a generator.

atexintx wrote:

Sometimes

atexintx wrote:

Yes, but long term stay locations may have power meters where you would pay monthly for the power consumed.

atexintx wrote:

I boondock a great deal, and travel long distances, so fuel is my number one expense. Maintenance I allot $0.10 per mile.

atexintx wrote:

That depends on the time of year and the location. For example nearby me there is only one campground open in the winter. At -30 I need to have their services. They know they have a monopoly and they charge accordingly. For example, if not camping at their facility they charge $40 to dump the waste tanks.

atexintx wrote:

It may be best to not stay more than 2 nights in any one location. Big box stores may allow overnight parking if you ask. But I never stayed more than 3 nights in any location--I moved on to another spot.

atexintx wrote:

Buying from a dealer would not be my first choice. They have to mark up the price, after all they are not a charity.

atexintx wrote:

Pay a mobile RV technician to inspect the RV.

atexintx wrote:

This has never been an issue for me. Open cupboards slowly after any move, in case items have shifted.

atexintx wrote:

Unless it is your hobby, no.

atexintx wrote:

Get a weather radio, or an app for a cell phone that sends warnings.

atexintx wrote:

Private campgrounds have their own customer service--not government run. Popular destinations do require reservations, sometimes months in advance. But--I mainly boondock.

atexintx wrote:

That depends on the time of year. Camping in freezing conditions require lots of upgrades, modifications, and good reliable power systems.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
#20. On-line-reservation? (California).
Honestly cannot answer for California, we've never camper there (yet). But rest assured, there are also private campgrounds, State and Federal Forests, Army Corps of Engineer campgrounds, State Recreation Areas, State Parks as well. Every state will have a variety of campground opportunities. Searching the internet is a good start. Just type in the name of any city-state in the USA followed by the word "campgrounds", and you'll get hits. The harder decision will be to select only 1, because they ALL seem to be so inviting, private and public.

One thing to keep in mind, open land camping (boondocking) is much more prevalent West of the Mississippi River than East of it. Public or open lands for open boondocking is very rare, if anything East of the Mississippi. But established campgrounds of all sorts are prevalent everywhere.

After you have been camping a short while, you will kind of naturally fall into a "style" of campground you are looking for. Some navigate to exclusively boondocking in isolated places, others navigate to State Parks, others my even settle in a private campground long term (seasonal). But, in a little time, you will also find what fits your lifestyle the most.

And yes, there is wide variety of amenities at every campground. No two are the same. If traveling full time, you need to be prepared for complete primitive with absolutely no connection to any grid, all the way to full hook-up with everything provided.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
brant_c wrote:
Buy a used trailer and start camping close to home for the first year. Work out all the bugs. You'll be glad you did.

You're right...lots of the answers you'll get will be "It depends".
This is the best response you can hope to get - because it's true - no one can give you the answers to all these questions - and you can't email ice cream or beer.

One area you could put more beans into is your tow vehicle. Or - put more in your budget for repairs. Minivans are grocery getters - not tow vehicles.

That caravan is going to severely limit the size of the trailer which will in turn limit your planned use of living in it full time.

Plans for the winter? Didn't see a line item in there for propane.

Stick to the advice I quoted - buy the trailer, tow it to a spot and camp in it. Learn from those shorter experiences. You can't expect to succeed by going at it full throttle by asking 20 plus questions that have too many variable answers for anyone to consider trying to cover in a reply.

Good luck - and feel free to ask about a specific situation as they come up. Start with your Caravan - that's the most limiting factor in your entire plan.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

brant_c
Explorer
Explorer
Buy a used trailer and start camping close to home for the first year. Work out all the bugs. You'll be glad you did.

You're right...lots of the answers you'll get will be "It depends".
2015 F250 Platinum 6.7
2006 RPM 23FB Toy Hauler

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I'll answer #21. The USA is a fantastic country with diversity as wide as the sky. That's the great joy of RVing, traveling to areas that are completely different than your "home" which takes you out of your "comfort zone." A bit overwhelming, scary, and very uncertain at first? yes. But the more you travel, the more the adventure grows on you, and then you actually begin to look forward traveling to a new location you are not familiar with.

Every geographical area in the country is different, unique, and diverse. Even the same location, city to country can be worlds apart. Personally, I like driving secondary roads, not interstate. We enjoy the local culture and not the tourist areas. But many folks enjoy the tourist areas. Personally, I like solitude, but other enjoy the fast hustle-and-bustle. Some travel with kids and look for high activity destination points. Some are now empty nesters, retired, older, who enjoy vegetating around a campfire for days on end.

There is no answer to this question. Wherever ANYONE calls "home"... "home" is probably the best location on earth.

(Personally, I have no desire to travel in Chicago, New York City, or LosAngeles), but I would throughly enjoy traveling through Illinois, New York State, or California.)

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
good luck.

1. How much extra per year can I expect to pay for trailer vehicle expense? I’m with State Farm for the Caravan. A lot, trailers need constant maintenance and you will be stressing your van. How handy are you?
2. What can I expect to pay per night on average for overnight camping while traveling our great highways and byways (Remember – I know “it depends” – but …). 10-100 bucks. plan for 50
3. Where and how would I find cable and Internet connections – (1) most every camping spot, (2) some camping spots, (3) a few camping spots? 3 if any
4. Are there any “best practices” when it comes to being on the electric/Internet grid as we travel? don't know I don't travel I camp so we don't have it when we go
5. How much can I expect to pay per month for cable and Internet (I have a telephone and Internet-based business)? don't know
6. If I’m in an area with spotty cell phone reception, would a phone system like OOMA be a good option? Otherwise, I use Skype. don't know, I seldom don't have cell coverage
7. Would AT&T help me with options for doing quick charges on my cell phone that does not require electricity (or is there any such thing). solar or generator or inverter off your house battery or charge via the car. pick what you want to do and plan accordingly
8. Will I be using a generator for my electricity if I don’t have a hook up? I understand that solar panels may be a smart way to go. depends on your needs and what you have. don't camp next to me and run a genny constantly please.
9. Are fresh water fill-ups included in the cost of overnight camping? yes if available
10. Do most camping spots have fresh water fill ups? yes
11. Is the cost of electricity included in the cost of overnight camping? if its a serviced site
12. It appears to me that overnight hookup charges may be the biggest expense while traveling 80% of the time on the road. Correct? until you break stuff
13. Is it difficult to find camping spots where one can camp for 30 days or so? in busy areas yes but it can be done
14. Is it realistic to think that if I’m in a town or city I can park on a side street for several nights. Would this be a matter of knowing local city laws? don't count on it
15. Is the best way to buy a used trailer (if one becomes available) only from a dealer or would buying from an individual be okay too? I prefer privet sale. dealers have overhead to cover and need to be profitable
16. If I purchase a used trailer from an individual, what due diligence should I do over and above what I’d do with a dealer? privet inspection since you have limited experience/knowledge
17. What would be the best type of dunnage (packing cushion to protect dishes, supplies, etc. while moving?) we use platic, paper and correl, it stays in cupboard just like at home
18. Is there any value in having a short wave radio? What would that be? not to me
19. I’m concerned about camping in a flash flood area and want to know which is the best way to be alerted on this. no idea my phone is all I have
20. I might do some camping in California some day and I understand they only provide an online reservation system. Is it a hassle to camp in CA? no idea
21. I do plan to travel the Great Plains and Mountain West, the Midwest and maybe the Deep South – Any particular region better than the other? (As a kid, we tent camped in Jackson Hole, Colorado, Rapid City, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota). Canada eh
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....